From Australia

Old May 18th, 2002, 01:39 AM
chris

From Australia

Hi, I am coming to Montreal on July 27th from Sydney (Australia). I have a working holiday visa. I am wondering how difficult it will be to gain employment in Montreal as my french is very limited???
I am really excited about coming over, at 21 this is my first trip off Australian shores

Old May 18th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Melissa

My cousin moved to Montreal and got a job with no french, but she said that all the restaurants and stuff were in french so she moved back home. You may find it easier to gain employment in Ontario as apposed to Quebec

Old May 18th, 2002, 02:31 PM
JMM

Without a working knowledge of french, your chances of getting employment in Montreal are VERY limited.

Old May 18th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Jen

I'd try Ottawa over Montreal. It would be a lot easier for you!

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:10 PM
xxx

I must agree with the rest of the postings.I am a Montrealer so I would say that the few jobs that you could get without even basic knowledge of French are not very appealing: they will most likely involve telemarketing of some sort. I would also give Ontario a try: you'll pay lower taxes as well as being able to work in English only. Quebec pays the highest tax rate in the world. It really sucks!