Reload this Page >

Fly into Victoria or Vancouver?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2001, 10:20 PM
xxx

Is it worth the extra cost to fly directly into Victoria? We're going to be staying at a time share in Victoria and will be meeting up with a friend who will have a car. So is trip to pick us up in Vancouver a real hassle or is it worth flying into Vancouver to save a total of $75? Any suggestions for an afternoon of sightseeing in Vancouver upon landing? Thank you!

Old May 14th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Island Girl

The ferry from Vancouver to Victoria doesn't go directly from city to city, so there is some travel time involved, plus the cost of the ferry will probably be more than $75. Check out www.bcferries.com for their rates so that you can compare prices.

Old May 14th, 2001, 07:46 AM
dnorrie

The airport is a ways out of Victoria as well but if your friend has a car, they can pick you up. I can't recall the cost of taxi to Vic. last time but I believe it was around $25.

Old May 14th, 2001, 08:18 AM
April

It would be a hassle and more expensive for your friend to pick you up in Vancouver. Each way on the ferry is 1½ hours plus waiting time, which can be hours if there's a line-up. I wouldn't ask a friend to do this. <BR> <BR>Your friend might not mind picking you up from the airport though, or there is a shuttle bus for $13. <BR>http://www.akalairporter.travel.bc.ca/

Old May 15th, 2001, 08:26 PM
hydra

Okay enough about price and hassle. I can't think of a better way to start a vacation than to take the ferry between Vacouver (Tuwawassan) and Victoria. The ferry goes through the Gulf Islands and it is a relaxing treat. Forget about asking your friend to pick you up in Vancouver. Instead hop a bus at the airport out to the ferry terminal (remember you want the ferry to Tuwawassan NOT Nanaimo) walk on as foot passengers and have your friend pick you up a few hours later at the terminal in Victoria. <BR> <BR>Alternately you can stay on the bus (it will be more expensive) and take it into downtown Victoria where your friend can pick you up. <BR> <BR>Good luck.