flights from toronto to u.s.a

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could someone tell me if we can take flights out from and into toronto to go to e.g honolulu after having flown in from europe and staying in toronto for 1 week???? last year while in toronto we seen some excellent deals in travel agent windows. is there any restrictions against us availing of these offers i.e do we have to be residents in canada?? all help gratefully recieved------happy easter to all-----
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 09:21 AM

And Happy EAster to you too.
I don't see any reason why you can't do this.
As long as you don't need a visa for USA and are able to freely travel from Canada to USA.
You certainly don't have to be a resident.
However, I'm not sure what good deals you may have seen. I'd like to know about them!
My guess is that you'd get a better deal from somewhere in the USA.
They have so many more airlines and so, that much more competition. There always seems to be good deals originating from US cities.
Good luck. I hope you find something.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM

If you're coming to North America from Europe and want to continue on to Hawaii, you might want to investigate the possibility of a round-the-world airfare. It might be cheaper than two tickets (e.g. Europe-Toronto return, and Toronto-Honololu return). Even if it's a little more expensive, a RTW fare would give you the opportunity to stop over in a few more places during your journey (e.g. Toronto-Vancouver-Honololu-Tokyo, Singapore or Bangkok -Western Europe-home again).

I've looked at trying to put together an RTW that includes a Hawaii stopover on Oneworld carriers before (e.g. BA, American, Qantas), but haven't been able to make it work. It should work on Star Alliance though (e.g. Lufthansa, BMI or Air Canada from Europe to Toronto, Air Canada to Vancouver and then Honololu, ANA, Thai or Singapore etc from Honololu to somewhere else in Asia, then one of these airlines or Lufthansa to Western Europe, etc.)

To learn more about RTW fares and itineraries, go to the Star Alliance website www.star-alliance.com, and then check out the Star Alliance discussion forum on flyertalk.com.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 08:33 AM

Hello..I live over here in Toronto and last year my husband and I went on a trip to hawaii. We found that the cheapest flights we were able to get were out of Buffalo, going straight to Honolulu.

I would suggest looking into that as well..(its only a 45 min drive from Toronto to the USA/Buffalo border).

Typically flights from Canada to Hawaii cost a bit more as you are flying internationally. Domestic flights within the USA seem to be a better deal than leaving out of Toronto.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 09:15 AM

I'm curious to know why you'd want to add Hawaii onto a trip to Toronto. Not that there's anything wrong with Hawaii, it's just that you have to cross a continent first and then fly half way across the Pacific. That's a little like saying, "Well, I'm going to visiting London; while I'm in the neighbourhood, I'll pop down to Goa, catch some rays and grab an Indian take-away." It's 3300 miles from Dublin to Toronto, another 4500 to Hawaii.

If you're just looking to catch some sun in a tropical climate as an add-on to your Toronto trip, you might be better off heading down to the Caribbean, Mexico (Pacific side) or Florida.