Fishing in Canada

Old May 23rd, 2001, 08:53 AM
Susan

Fishing in Canada

Whee is the best fishing spots in Canada, that are near other great sites in Canada?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 09:58 AM
LJ

This is one of those questions which should start some competitive juices going. I have two favourites: you can get to good freshwater fishing sites in the Muskoka or Kawartha areas, which is within 2-3 hours driving distance of Toronto (or 4 hours from Niagara Falls). If you are into ocean fishing, you should try Newfoundland and check out Gros Morne Park which is one of the World Heritage Sites and also includes one of the most delightful small cities in North America, St. John's. Also great salmon fishing in the interior rivers in Newfoundland...have fun!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:48 PM
Carl Z

Salt or Freshwater?

Old May 27th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Tara

Hi, <BR>There is also Northern Ontario - 3 hours north of Toronto would give you lots of options - many small lakes, nice towns to stay in, or a total outback experience can also be found in the Algonquin Park area (I don't think the National Park itself lets you fish). And you are also close to Toronto. Quebec also has great "cottage country" life, though I have never been myself.

Old May 28th, 2001, 01:36 PM
ian

you have to try Victoria B.C. salmon fishing in the morning and whale-watching in the afternoon !!!