Search

Emerald Lake

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 04:18 PM
carol

Emerald Lake

When we visited Calgary in 93 a local candanian said Nelson in bc was as beautiful as lake louise. Does anyone know more about this gem?

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 08:09 PM
bob brown

Are you speaking of the city of Nelson in British Columbia? Or a Lake Nelson somewhere in BC? Or, from the title of your question, are you asking about Emerald Lake, which is not near Nelson? <BR>I guess I don't know what you are asking. But if there is anything more beautiful than Lake Louise, I would like to know where it is!! Because I have seen nothing to beat it so far, except possibly Lake O'Hara. <BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 03:12 PM
carol

Guess my message was a little confusing. I am referring to Nelson city in british columbia. I was told there is a beautiful emerald lake there. I would like to hear from others before I make it a destination in Canada. Yes I agree Lake Louise is an awesome place. We enjoyed canoeing there. Thanks for your replies in advance.

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 04:11 PM
Bob Brown

I visited Nelson 3 years ago. We toured some old house; not sure why. I guess it was there as an attraction, and we were in Nelson. <BR>We hiked up to a lake in Kokanee Glacier Park. It was pretty enough, but it did not look emerald. Perhaps the sun was not at the right angle. <BR>The city is on an arm of Kootney Lake, but it did not strike me as anything special in the context of other BC lakes. The AAA tour book does not mention any outstanding lakes in the area. So I guess I am not the one to help you.

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 03:36 PM
rand

I think I have found what you are looking for. There is an Emerald lake in the park also. Here is a clip of an ad that locates it. <BR> <BR>Emerald Lake Lodge <BR> <BR>This lodge was built in 1902 on a 13 acre peninsula overlooking a glorious glacier lake by the same name. <BR>25 k west of the town of Lake Louise