Easter Brunch in Victoria

Mar 6th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Paul

Easter Brunch in Victoria

I'm looking for a nice place to have brunch in Victoria (or environs) this Easter Sunday, April 16. My sister and I will meet together there on the evening of the 15th for a little vacation (from opposite ends of the US). As it is also her 40th birthday - and we don't get together as often as we would like - I'm thinking of someplace fairly intimate, with a comforting atmosphere, view, and stellar food. We both admire good wine, too. Although I have made no plans to rent a car, it is a possibility if a drive warrants. All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Mar 6th, 2001, 05:41 PM
April

How about the Oak Bay Marina? I haven't been there in some time but am going again soon so I will let you know how it is.

Mar 6th, 2001, 06:03 PM
Paul

April,

Thanks. Please post back after going there.

Mar 11th, 2001, 04:49 PM
April

Here's the report. The Marina's brunch is from 10 am to 2 pm and costs $26.70 (Can.) each including tax. Reservations required.

If you go at 10 you can have your pick of seats but later there's no guarantee (although they will try). There are tables and chairs by the window overlooking the sailboats in the marina, or U-shaped booths a level up that give more of an overview of the place but also with good views.

Food? Some good, some not so good. Don't miss the omelettes which are excellent. So is the hazelnut cake. Waffles not good. Bacon, not crispy enough for me. Maybe I missed them but I didn't see scrambled eggs! There were mussels and salmon, etc and chicken and ham. I liked the croissants, another in our party didn't as much. Service was OK.

The restaurant was very noisy though so I wonder if it would be your best bet.

Dollar for dollar I think I might consider brunch at Ocean Pointe. If you are staying in town you wouldn't need to drive to get there. It is the same price and you should be able to get a seat with a view of the Inner Harbour. It might be quieter than the Marina, but I haven't been to Ocean Pointe in awhile either so I can't be sure.

A worker there describes their brunch selection as "huge."

They have two sittings: 10 am and noon.

Also they have buffet breakfasts every day of the week, on a different floor. The hot one is $13.50, $10.55 for just the cold foods.

Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

Mar 11th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Paul

April, Thanks very much for the report. I think we will probably walk over to Ocean Pointe for Easter and go out to the Marina later in the week for a lunch or dinner. Should anyone have other Easter Sunday suggestions please post. Not that it matters, but I notice that I got the dates wrong - Easter is the 15th, arriving 14th.