driving licence requirements

Aug 9th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2
driving licence requirements

hi, we are coming to Vancouver and driving through the Rockies in September, will our British driving licences be ok or do we need to purchase an International licence?
btee is offline  
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,501
Your British driver's licence is enough.

My TIPS section of my website has the answer to that question and information on other topics like weather, what to pack, national park entry fees, driving distances and times, etc.

Judy_in_Calgary is offline  
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1
As before, Uk License is fine but be aware insurance on rental cars in Canada is expensive, enjoy your trip Canada is amazing!
Quentin is offline  
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12

Don't forget to bring the paper part of the driving licence as well as you need both when hiring a car in Canada (as per various websites)..dont know if you have booked a car up yet, but I booked up a car with Airline Network who were quite reasonable. Have a good trip!
galentheape is offline  
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Original Poster
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks everyone we`re all set now, just hope the airports are back to normal in September after the recent scare.
btee is offline  
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16
Me too - another vote for Airline Network, who were heaps cheaper than anyone else (and it all worked fine).

Have a great trip!

dats_uk is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:51 AM.