Reload this Page >

Digby Nova Scotia? N.B.?

Search

Digby Nova Scotia? N.B.?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Candice

Digby Nova Scotia? N.B.?

Is it worth it to go? Or should we spend more time in Cape Breton? Also how far a drive or ferry ride to Digby? Any accomodations?<BR><BR>Also I asked before but what towns on the Atlantic coast should one visit in New Brunswick? Best of the best? Thank you.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Melissa

Hi there, Actually NB is on the Bay of Fundy, and the Northumberland Strait, which is still part of the Atlantic. On the fundy coast St. Andrews is beautiful, Fundy National Park is a must, Saint John is the city, there are lots of little towns and villages everywhere. On the Northumberland Strait, Shediac is the Lobster Capital and close to Parlee Beach which is a great beach. Again there are tons of little towns and villages all up this route.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Candice

Shediac sounds nice but can you still get lobster in August? Can you recommend a place to stay in St. Andrews or Shediac?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Melissa

I would think you could get Lobster in August (lobster is discusting, and why anyone would want to eat it is really beyond me, but anyway) I am not sure right off in Shediac where is good to stay, but in St. Andrews, the Algonquin is quite famous, built in 1890 by CP railways. There are tons of B&Bs there as well.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Lucie

Hi Candice,<BR>Yes, you can get lobster during the entire tourist season in Shediac.. and the beaches are great !<BR>Lots of B&B <BR>You'll love it and if you want to shop.. just drive up to Moncton (aprox. 20 min drive)..

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Susan

Hi, Candice! We visited Digby in August, 1998, and were delighted that we did. Instead of lobster, we had fresh-caught scallops (Digby is the world scallop-capital) right on the dock, overlooking the scallop-fleet. Marvelous!!!<BR><BR>We also traveled out to Digby Neck, which extends into the Bay of Fundy from Digby. The trip is a combination of driving and car-ferrying, and well worth doing, esp. if you like whale-watching and hiking. There's supposedly a nice place to stay on the island at the far end, but we didn't make it that far.<BR><BR>As for New Brunswick, we actually enjoyed viewing the Bay of Fundy more from there than from Nova Scotia. Melissa's right: don't miss Fundy National Park. And be sure to visit the Flowerpot Rocks at Hopewell Cape; at low tide, one can walk on the ocean floor. <BR><BR>At the time, we stayed at the Crystal Palace in Moncton, which is a nondescript town with an unusual indoor amusement park -- great for kids. Unfortunately, Ramada took it over and raised the rates. We were seriously considering a very pretty-looking motel near Hopewell Cape, but never had time to stay there. (sorry, can't recall the name, but it's easy to find on the NB website.<BR><BR>St. John, NB is definitely worth a visit. We love the old-fashioned City Market there.<BR><BR>Have fun!!!