Deals in Toronto

Search

Deals in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2003, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deals in Toronto

I'm planning a long weekend in Toronto end of June. I booked a hotel already back in April, the Metropolitan Toronto, because it was one of the few that had availability. Since the time of booking, I'm sure there are good deals to be had (for obvious reasons!). I just don't know how to go about getting them. I've done a little online shopping but no deals seem to be that great. I've heard so-so reviews about the Metropolitan Hotel, so I'd love to explore other hotels, hopefully some fancy onces at discount rates! My friend and I are willing to pay $150-200 USD for a room. We're driving as well, unless an unbelievable deal on flights is available. Any suggestions on where to find the best deals? Thanks in advance!!!
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:24 PM

If it were me, I'd just use Hotwire. But, you could also try the usual resources, Expedia, Hotelbook, Hoteldiscount, Quikbook, Travelocity, even Priceline.
Old May 14th, 2003, 06:25 PM
BAK

There's a huge library conference in Toronto near the end of June, and this may be the reason that it's hard to find a hotel room.

Target is 29,000 delegates, and this will fill up downtown.

While various people, me included, are not great fans of the Metropolitan, in fact it is a good hotel, well located, etc., etc., so you won't do yourself a dis-service by staying there.

That said, Priceline seems to be one source of bargain rooms.

BAK
Old May 15th, 2003, 12:08 PM

I would use hotwire. I got the Sheraton City Centre for this weekend for $40US a night. I have used them for airfare too, they are great!
Old May 15th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Bo

You can see some of the results that have been obtained for both Priceline and Hotwire at www.BetterBidding.com

As well, check out the "Other Deals" category there, as there have recently been some Toronto specific deals posted as well.