Comments on Toronto Itinerary?

Old May 13th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comments on Toronto Itinerary?

Hello all~
I have my itinerary for my suprise trip for my daughter and need some comments if it's all doable (especially on day 2).

Day 1 (arrival in afternoon)
CN Tower
dinner
Yonge-Dundas Square Celebration

Day 2
Breakfast
Hockey Hall of Fame
Ontario Science Center
Afternoon Tea
Facials
Dinner in Chinatown

Day 3 (departure)
Old May 13th, 2003, 12:25 PM

Hi BjorkChop:

I would move the visit of the Hockey Hall of Fame to day 1.
Old May 13th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

The Hockey Hall of Fame closes at 6pm. Is 3-4 hours sufficient to explore and not be rushed though?
Old May 13th, 2003, 12:51 PM
nkh

I agree with moving the Hockey Hall of Fame to Day 1 - it is close to the CN Tower and isin the same building with Le Marchet restaurant if you are interested (I think someone recommended it to you in your previous post - I would agree with recommendation).

If you do that then you can get going early on Day 2 and make it to the Science Centre with enough time to actually enjoy it. It is at least 30min from downtown by public transit (at least 20 by car) and you will want to spend at least a few hours there or it isnt worth the travel or the admission fee.

With limited time you may decide you want to stay downtown. In that case you may wish to go to the Royal Ontario Museum instead of the Science Centre (and possibly the Gardner Museum of Ceramic Art which is across the street). If you opt for this you could consider spending some time in the morning either going to the Eaton Centre or the Bata Shoe museum, wander around Chinatown and have lunch in Chinatown instead of dinner then spend the afternoon at the ROM, have tea in Yorkville and then wander around and look at the shops a bit before your facials and dinner.
Old May 13th, 2003, 05:00 PM

Skip the sci centre this trip. Do it with the zoo next time. The ROM is a good substitute. Try shopping on Queen Street west - fun for a teen or pre teen.