Reload this Page >

Chateau Lake Louise or Post House Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 07:46 AM
bonnie leff

We currently have reservations at the Chateau Lake Louise and the Post House for the 1st week in August. Any thoughts on which is better????

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Mary Sue

We stayed at the Post and absolutely loved it. We had one of the little cabins out by the creek, and it was lovely. The service was excellent, really over the top, and all the little extras like a card with the next day's forecast with turndown service made it very special. They had tea and refreshments in the afternoon in the lobby,a library which we perused one evening after supper, and a videos you could check out (free) and play on the room's VCR. It is much smaller than the Chateau, which seemed to cater mostly to tour groups. The Chateau is a huge place and I was kind of put off by the ropes and signs that said "Registered Guests Only" - they had these even in areas of the hotel that had shops. Don't know anything about the rooms at the Chateau. We had excellent meals at both places. You don't have the view of Lake Louise at the Post but I would highly recommend it. The Chateau seemed very busy and fast-paced while the Post was quiet and laid-back.

Old Jun 26th, 2000, 11:06 AM
Kathy

Hi Bonnie: <BR>We stayed at the Chateau Lake Louise this past spring and we were not impressed. Not personal in the very least and the rooms are very small. I now wish we had stayed at the Post. If visiting Banff - would recommend staying at the Rimrock. Beautiful - enjoy your trip.

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 06:32 PM
VOLENA

WE VISITED LAKE LOUISE SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND STAYED AT CHATEAU LAKE LOUISE IN A SMALL ROOM WITH A VIEW TO THE REAR. THE NEXT MORNING DIRECTLY ACROSS THE HALL, THE DOOR TO THE LAKEFRONT ROOM WAS OPEN, AND I WISHED THAT I HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF WAKING UP TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW I HAD EVER SEEN. WE HAD THE MOST WONDERFUL MEAL THAT EVENING AT THE POST HOUSE AND I AM SURE THERE HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS WERE EQUAL. THE CHATEAU LAKE LOUISE IS VERY BUSY WITH TOURISTS BUT IT IS THE VERY REASON YOU COME THERE-THE VIEW. UNFORGETTABLE. ADVICE IS: IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, ROOM WITH A VIEW AND DINNER AT POST HOTEL. HOPE TO RETURN SOME DAY. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND ANY CANADIAN PACIFIC HOTEL ALTHOUGH WE LOVED THE RIMROCK RESORT IN BANFF. WE HOPE TO STAY AT THE HOTEL VANCOUVER(canadian pacific hotel/fairmont now) this year prior to alaska cruise. IF you have knowledge of this hotel or any other suggestions for vancouver, please advise. ENJOY.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Sue

The Post Hotel - without a doubt is the place to stay.

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 04:50 PM
elizabeth

One more vote for the Post Hotel. I've stayed in both and unless you are absolutely guaranteed of a room with a view at the Chateau (which I've heard you can't rely on) I'd take the Post and visit the Chateau.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 12:17 PM
lisa

Loved the Post Hotel -- lovely room, excellent food and service. We got an in-room massage there (in hopes of soothing very sore hiking muscles) that was incredible. Visited the Chateau while hiking Lake Louise and was glad I wasn't staying there -- obviously a great setting but too large for my taste, seemed like a lot of huge tour groups, and the breakfast and lunch we ate there were nothing special. The Post was more intimate and removed from the hubbub. Depends on what you're looking for.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 12:25 PM
Nadine

Bonnie: <BR> <BR>Definitely the Post Hotel -- absolutely first rate in service, accommodations and location. By all means, visit Chateau Lake Louise for hiking, dinner, etc. but you will be glad you stayed at the Post Hotel. <BR> <BR>