Canada and United States

Aug 28th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Canada and United States

We are flying into Calgary driving down to Glacier.. We have one week. Most important in Glacier is what? We are driving up to Baniff + Lake Louies. Plan on driving Icefield Parkway. Driving back to Calgary for the Airport. Where is the best place to rent a car? We are 70 short hikes are ok. Nothing to labor intensive!
Thank you in advance! monica
Aug 28th, 2019, 09:54 PM

What month/year? Some of the rental car companies may not allow their cars to be driven into the US - check on policy. Where are you coming from? There is a bus company (Brewster) that has daily trips northward from the Calgary airport at least in the summer months.
As far as scenic beauty, the Canadian Rockies and the northern US Rockies are quite similar. With only one week, I would stick with one country instead of two.
Aug 29th, 2019, 01:44 PM

Glacier's mountains do not stop at the international border. On the Canadian side they form the Waterton Lakes National Park so you can visit without crossing into the US. I don't know personally but I think Waterton does not have the geysers that are famous in Glacier.
http://www.canadianrockies.org/briti...a-at-a-glance/
Aug 30th, 2019, 05:34 AM

Southam - there are geysers in Glacier National Park? I had no idea if so. Yellowstone is the park that is famous for its geysers.