Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary airport hotel recommendations needed.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 06:29 AM
maria

We have a spring break ski trip to Canada scheduled in March and will arrive very late one night and depart very early on the morning of our return and need a decent no-frills accomodation for family of 6 at the Calgary airport. Any recommendations? Thank ou in advance. <BR> <BR>Maria

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Bob Brown

Hi Maria. Ty Cobb, the Georgia ball player? <BR>I looked in my copy of the Alberta Accommodations Guide for motels in Northeast Calgary, which is toward the airport. I found some that might fit your "no frills" description: <BR> <BR>Super 8 Motel Calgary Airport <BR>(go to the web site) <BR>Travelodge Calgary Airport Hotel (1-800-661-8157) <BR>The Pointe Inn (1-800-661-8164) <BR>Quality Inn Airport (1-800-465-4329) <BR>Comfort Inn and Suites (1-800-228-5150) <BR>Ambassador Motor Inn (1-800-661-1447) <BR> <BR>Of the group, the Pointe Inn seemed to have the lowest prices, but I find that there is a discrepancy between published rates and "going rates". <BR> <BR>The Calgary Airport is due north of the Trans Canada Highway on the Barlow Trail. Going north in the morning should find light traffic. The Airport is fairly easy to find, but there are no motels that I know of on the actual airport grounds. However, I have not tried to find the airport in the dark! <BR> <BR>I did not pinpoint on the map all of the h/motels listed, but they should be within easy reach of the Barlow Trail, which leads directly to the airport. <BR>That is not a congested area of the city, particularly in the mornings. <BR> <BR>I hope you find a good place because motels in Calgary never struck me as cheap. <BR>I stayed at the Holiday Inn the last time I was there (1999) and swore never again. I don't think it meets your specifications, nor does the Greenwood Inn, which is very nice. It has "frills", so it is probably not what you are after. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Dave

Hi: <BR> <BR>We, family of 4, just returned from a wonderful trip to BC & Alberta. <BR> <BR>We stayed our last night at the Calgary Travelodge Airport. Very clean, fairly new and rooms on the small side. About $72 CDN. About 10 minutes from airport. <BR> <BR>Dave from Georgia, USA

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 07:13 AM
dnorrie

The Calgary Airport has a hotel right on site but it is not cheap. Really, nothing in Calgary is. I believe it is a Pacific Hotel and is called the Calgary Airport Inn - we have stayed there many times when waiting for early flights out of Calgary. As I recall, the cost was about $105Cdn. for a standard room but if you are from the States, the rate of exchange is at about 40 - 45% so that will make a difference.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 08:19 AM
rich

The hotel at the airport is the Delta Airport Hotel. It is connected to the airport, Rates may be higher but you can walk to your plane. 1-800-268-1133

Old Feb 5th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Karin

Hey Maria, <BR>I stayed at the Delta hotel in December which is right next to (or as they say, even into) the Calgary airport and I can definetely recommend that one! It has nice big comfortable rooms for a very reasonable price. <BR>You can find more information on their website: www.delta.com