Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Burnaby/Rmd: Where to find great apple pie?

Mar 28th, 2002, 09:38 AM
klam

I'll be visiting a friend for dinner and have been asked to bring apple pie for desert. Anyone know of a good bakery/place? I'll be coming from Richmond and she lives in the Metrotown area. Any suggestions (besides Bread Garden) would be appreciated! Thanx a mint in advance!

Mar 28th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Robyn

Try the Diplomat Bakery (on Moncton, just west of No 1 Rd), or the Steveston Bakery (on No 1 Rd, just south of Moncton) - both in Steveston. Both bakeries are a block away from eachother. I'd call them first just to make sure!

Mar 28th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Robyn

Just to clarify - call the to make sure they have apple pies in stock!

Mar 28th, 2002, 12:01 PM
klam

Robyn, thanx a mint for your help! I've called them both and they both have apple pie! I'll be in Vancouver visiting family and friends in less than two weeks...can't wait!

I'm actually having dinner in Steveston with other friends the day before I need the apple pie, so I'll check out both bakeries then.

I'm delighted I got a response other than someone telling me to "get a life". Thanx for taking the time to reply. =)

Mar 28th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Robyn

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out for you! I live in Steveston myself, so those are the two bakeries my family visits the most. Diplomat's more of a European bakery and they make killer cakes. The Steveston bakery's more of a jack-of-all-trades bakery - they make killer Nanaimo bars. I'm sure you'll have no problem picking out an apple pie.

Have fun during your visit! The spring flowers are finally in bloom.