budget family hotels in vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2004, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have recommendations for places to stay in a great, central location of vancouver? we don't need anything fancy but it needs to sleep 5, be in a good area (accessible to sites and s.park). preferably around 200 canadian per night. thanks.
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:50 AM

Hello,

I'm a travel agent and I grew up very close to Vancouver. Check with the Delta hotels in/around Vancouver. They are great, friendly, nice hotels with reasonable rates. I am not sure that you will be able to find something in the downtown area near Stanley Park because it is expensive, but you might check in the Kitsilano and Port Grey neighborhoods. They are out of the main downtown area, but still close enough to get to Stanley Park. I would recommend staying in downtown or west of downtown Vancouver. You might also look at North or West Vancouver, which are upscale suburbs, but you can drive over the Lion's Gate bridge into town in a few minutes. East Vancouver is not the best part of town, so stay west of Robson Street and Gastown.

Please feel to e-mail me if I can offer any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Julia
Old May 21st, 2004, 09:36 AM

If I may make a suggestion. We vacationed in Vancouver 2 summers ago (terrific city). There were 4 adults and 2 kids (all family). We purchased the Entertainment Book for Vancouver and used it extensively, including obtaining a suite in a downtown hotel (can't recall which one). Even in midsummer we got the suite for around $175/night, substantially less than the going rate, saving a bundle. You can order directly from their website at entertainment.com. All available books are now only $10.00, plus about $5.00 shipping. Just directly call the listed hotels in the back of the book and ask for the entertainment book rate -we've never had a problem using it.
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM

Try the Meridian at 910 Beach Ave. (www.meridianhotel.org), which has 2 and 3 bedroom suites for reasonable rates. It's close to Granville Island and the beaches but about 6-10 blocks from the heart of Downtown.

Julia, there are virtualy no hotels in the Kitsilano Point Grey area other than the Jericho Hostel.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 05:49 PM

Sactomama, IMO, North and West Vancouver are too far away for a traffic-free Vancouver holiday and I agree with Gary that there aren't any hotels in the Kits or Point Grey area. There are B&B's but, again, you are a distance away.

You might want to check out the Aston Rosellen Hotel on Barclay Street.
You've great proximity to Stanley Park and it's about a 15 or 20 min. walk to downtown (or any easy bus ride up Robson Street). It should be in your budget.

Cheers,
Linda
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 08:28 AM

bookmarking