Need a little input about our trip from Vancouver Island to Toronto late September. Family wedding, so we thought we'd drive across the country for the first time.
We will stop to visit family and friends in Calgary and Winnipeg, but have never driven Northern Ontario. So I am mainly interested in the Ontario part of our trip ( we know Toronto well). We planto come home through the USA.
My husband is a paraplegic but independent and does most of the driving. But it is important that we have a bed at day's end, and not be having to catch ZZZ's at the roadside!
Would be fine driving 7-8 hours a day. Just wondering about driving times.
Thinking about Winnipeg to Thunder Bay, overnight, then Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, overnight. Then would like to take the Chi-Cheemaun ferry if possible. Would we be able to make the 11:10 ferry, or better to slow down and plan on the 3:50?
I have read that the speed limit is only 90 km, and with time change ( loosing an hour) and earlier sunset, I'm concerned that we would be pushing it and driving in the dark.
Time is not a big issue, but does 3-4 days seem reasonable for Winnipeg to Toronto?
Any thoughts on accommodation, restaurants and must see/do's would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 MCAFEE @renewal Installation CONTACT☎1888 279 0246 onlineRrepresentative
- 2 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 3 Montreal for new Years
- 4 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 5 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 6 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 7 Toronto - here we come!
- 8 Christmas in Quebec City
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 11 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 12 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 13 Montreal for New Years
- 14 Babymoon Destination
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 17 My Family Travle Vlog
- 18 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 19 Ottawa in December
- 20 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 21 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 22 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 23 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 24 Montreal & Quebec City
- 25 Victoria in December