Reload this Page >

Best Vancouver Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 05:23 PM
Molly

I'd like to pose this question: what are your Top 5 favourite Vancouver restaurants, what's the cuisine they serve, and why do you love them? <BR> <BR>I grew up in Vancouver and now live in Los Angeles. I go home at least once a year and I'm always astounded at how the city grows more sophisticated every year. <BR> <BR>Americans like to compare Vancouver to Seattle (searching for the familiar?) but I think a list like this could prove that Vancouver has its own identity, unique to the Pacific Rim.

Old May 28th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Marilyn Gerald

Go to our website www.hagenstravel.com and to our resources page and there is a list of restaurants, prices and a map on how to get there. Hope this helps

Old May 29th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Marilyn Rice Davies

!. Cafe de Paris on Denman, between Robson and Georgia. French cuisine <BR>2. La Grovoche. French <BR>3. Luk's. West 33rd and Victoria. Tiny plain chinese restaurant with great cuisine and service. <BR>4. Five Sails Restaurant in the Pan Pacific Hotel <BR>5. Diva's at the Met. (Metropolitan Hotel on Howe, across from the Four Seasons. <BR> <BR>Bon Apetit <BR>Mandy

Old May 29th, 2001, 01:19 PM
gary

The above are good but they don't emphasize Vancouver's Asian overlay and they include literally thousands of Chinese restaurants, (Cantonese, Mandarin, Schesuan, Shanghainese, Taiwanese, etc. etc.) and include Sun Sui Wah, Kiren, New Grand View. then There's the greast Japanese including Tojo's, Ichibankan and many others. <BR> <BR>I understand, although I am not totally familiar with, the South Asian, (East Indian and African/Indian), restaurants are also very highly thought of not to mention the Thai, Vietnamese, Korean and Indonesian restaurants. I have heard that Vancouver has the greatest concentration of Asian Restaurants per capita than any other city in the world and it's hard not to believe when virtually every commercial block in the city has at least one Asian restaurant on it. <BR> <BR>As to comparing Vancouver to Seattle that is ridiculous. Other than a similar geography and climate the two are as different as Los Angeles and San Francisco. I think Vancouver is grown up enough now to not need comparison and to stand on its own as a unique place - which it most certainly is. <BR> <BR>Have a good time!

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Marilyn Rice Davies

Gary is right. I tried to limit the selection to my five favourites, but there are so many to choose from, and I am struggling to stay under a size 6. (in my dreams) <BR>The Cafe de Paris is still my favourite. It is so romantic.