BC Summer Vacation with teens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would appreciate suggestions for a resort that would be appropriate for teens ages 14 and 12 for next July BC .Beginning stages o
would appreciate ideas f planning trip. No specific areas in mind.Lookinf for 2 week vacation willing to split trip into different destinations
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 09:11 AM

My advice would be a week in the mountains-Whistler is a favourite of many and has lots to do for that age bracket (hiking, mountain biking, boarding)-and a week on the west coast of the Island either Tofino or Ucluelet (kayaking, hiking the rainforest, beaches).
The older posts here contain all kinds of info on both destinations-transfer between the two included.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:07 AM
ltt

i'd choose the okanagan area (vernon, penticton, westbank, peachland) and then tofino on the island.
Old Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:41 AM

A vote for Sam's suggestions: both Whistler and Tofino/Ucluelet offer lots of activities for teens, and you get to experience two very different B.C. regions.

I drove a carload of 12/13 year old boys to baseball camp in Oliver (southern Okanagan) this summer, and also (hurriedly) toured the valley. Pretty, dozens and dozens of vineyards for adults to tour, but unless you appreciate 40+ C weather, murky lakes and big crowds, I'd give it a miss for your teens. Now, if it was the fall and you could leave your kids at home...

Cheers,
Linda
Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM

My vote is for Vancouver Island/Whistler. My kids couldn't get enough of Whistler -go to its website and you'll see why. 2 weeks is ample to take a few days there and on Vancouver Island, too. Even the ferry ride to/from the island is fun for the kids. Awsome scenery throughout.
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:42 AM

We loved Long Beach Lodge Resort in Tofino (just posted about it in another section).
Also if you go to Whistler too, you can ski there on Blackcomb all through the summer. I believe they have a snowboarding school for teenagers all summer long.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 09:33 AM

We're just back from Whistler with a 13 and 16 yr old. I'd have to agree with the other posters on Whistler- glacier skiing, tram to top of mountain, hiking, mountainbiking, white water rafting, horseback riding and a good value in the summer
Tofino - beachcombing, surfing, kayaking
I'd add a couple of days in Vancouver as well.