Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper

Old Dec 26th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper

We are 2 couples who like to hike and sightsee. We are planning a trip to Banff area in June. We're looking for suggestions on how long and where to stay in each area. Right now we're thinking 2 nights Banff, 3 nights Lake Louise, 3 nights Jasper and 1 night Calgary for the flight home. We would like to see the Athabasca Glacier, Icefields Parkway, hike Lake Agnes Teahouse, plain of the glaciers trail, Moraine Lake.n We would welcome your suggestions. We are planning on having a car
Old Dec 27th, 2019, 05:19 PM

We are going to that area in September. I planned 3 nights Canmore, 2 nights Lake Louise, 4 nights Jasper, 1 night Banff and 1 night Calgary before going home. Very similar to your trip. Great minds think alike I guess!
Old Dec 28th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

We're deciding between Banff and Canmore for the 2 nights. Why did you decide Canmore?
Old Dec 28th, 2019, 11:12 AM

Much easier to find lodging for a two bedroom unit and at a considerable savings.
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Good reason
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 05:13 AM

I have been doing more research and I found a place in Banff that gets good reviews and wasn't too much more expensive called Tunnel Mountain Resort. They have a variety of room types as well as stand alone cabins. It'a a bit of a walk into Banff but there is also a bus route that leaves from in front of the resort. I cancelled my Canmore for the 3 nights at the beginning of the trip and switched it to Banff. Will stay at Canmore for one night at the end of our trip as it is closer to the airport.