Reload this Page >

Banff/Jasper Restaurants

Search

Banff/Jasper Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 02:00 PM
Sam

Banff/Jasper Restaurants

<BR>We are taking an anniv. trip to Banff and Jasper and would like to hear recommendations on restauranrts not to miss in various price ranges. The exchange rates make fine dining easily affordable and we are adventurous diners - Plus would like to make this a memorable trip. <BR> Thanks. <BR> Sam

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 04:58 AM
Tim

Sam: <BR> <BR>Not too familiar with Jasper-area restaurants, but in Banff I'd recommend the following without hesitation: <BR> <BR>- Grizzly House (right on Banff Ave.) <BR>- Giorgio's (Italian) <BR>- Ristorante Clasico or Primrose Restaurant at the Rimrock Resort (Fine Dining) <BR>- Pines Restaurant (at the Rundlestone Lodge on Banff Ave.) <BR> <BR>We've eaten at a lot of the restaurants in Banff, and these are our favourites. For a quick & healthy lunch, check out Coyote's; for pub-style food, check out Wild Bill's, the Hard Rock Cafe, or the Rose & Crown; good Sunday buffets are at the Banff Springs Hotel or the Banff Park Lodge. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip, and bring lots of film! <BR> <BR>Tim

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 06:12 AM
elizabeth

A short drive from Banff is Lake Louise, and the Post Hotel, part of the Relais et Chateau Group. The hotel has a lovely dining room and with your BIG American dollars it should be a steal! <BR> <BR>Here's a web link: <BR> <BR>http://www.posthotel.com/frames_index.html <BR> <BR>Enjoy your visit!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 10:22 AM
Mary Sue

Just got back from the Post Hotel and loved it. It is a great place to stay, and dinner there was wonderful. Also ate at Wassner Stube at the Chateau Lake Louise and had a really good meal there with an incomparable view.

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 09:05 AM
Marilyn Rice Davies

In Jasper, the Jasper Park Lodge restaurant is the top of the line but also top of the price range. The Lodge is a little way out of town. <BR>I haven't been to Jasper for four years but another good restaurant was in the Chateau Jasper. <BR>At the other end of town is a Pizza Place. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name. There are lots of others, but those three are the ones that stand out in my mind. <BR>Mandy