August '19 - NB & NS for 2 weeks

Old Apr 18th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
August '19 - NB & NS for 2 weeks

(sorry for the repost - didn't tag to Nova Scotia forum 1st time around)

Hello,
Please chime in if you have thoughts about this itinerary. Thank you. We are 2 adults and our 16 yo DS. It has been a terrible year and I need this time to chill out both physically and emotionally. So lots of water, scenery, looking for whales, driving around. Not strenuous. My spouse does the driving.
We are traveling this August. Leave Boston, overnight in Bangor. Stop to visit friend's for lunch in Corea, Maine, with 2nd night in St. Andrew's at Algonquin.
Nights 3 & 4 in Moncton at Delta. Visit Hopewell Rocks, Bay of Fundy National Park. I looked at the tide schedule but I'm not sure how to read them - I will research more as I want to see high tide and walk low tide.
Drive to Cape Breton, checking out Amherst, Truro, Pictou. We will be checking out the African Nova Scotian cultural tours, including the Black Cultural Centre for Nova Scotia, historic homes and the Africville Museum.
Nights 5, 6 and 7 on Cape Breton.
Leaning toward 2 nights at Changarelle Country Inn in Baddeck (2 days traveling Cabot Trail).and 1 night at Cambridge Suites in Sydney (Louisbourg)
Drive to Halifax. Spend 4 nights. Day trips to Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg, Mahone Bay, Wolfville. Stop in Parrsboro on way off NS, on way home.
Probably overnight in Belfast, Maine to break up trip.
I'd welcome any feedback. Thanks!
Probably one overnight on way home.
Any thoughts/tweaks? Thank you!
Old Apr 18th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tweak on itinerary - I'd like 3 nights on Cape Breton. I was going to book one in Sydney and 2 in Baddeck. The Baddeck room is only available one of the days we will be there.
If I book that plus 2 nights in Sydney, what's the traffic from Sydney to go back to the Cabot Trail? It all seems so close. Thank you.