Atlantic Provinces - 21 Day Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2024, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For our 30th wedding anniversary, we’re planning a 21 day trip to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI. We’ll be flying in and out of Bangor, ME for our rental car. Wanted to get feedback regarding our initial itinerary below. We plan on seeing all the highlights, parks, gardens, hiking trails, whale sightings, and lots of walking around the towns with stops along the way for some seafood, craft beers and winery’s.

Bangor, ME 1
Saint John, NB 2
Charlottetown, PEI 3
Halifax, NS 5
Cape Breton Island, NS 3
Moncton, NB 3
Fredericton, NB 3
Bangor, ME 1
Total - 21
Old Mar 7th, 2024, 11:50 PM

Sd,

Congratulations on the anniversary!

Wow a lot of driving on your trip. I would cut back on Moncton and Fredericton by a day or so and add it onto Cape Breton.

Did you see my post below on PEI, I listed a lot of information on the island.

Halifax and PEI

What month is your trip? Mid June to September is the best time to visit the island.

Tom
Old Mar 8th, 2024, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Tom for your helpful info and anniversary congrats! We are traveling late August - mid September. Talk about lots of driving….we were going to include New Foundland and the marathon but that become totally overwhelming! We can shift locations around as we continue to figure out our daily itinerary’s. Appreciate the Halifax and PEI links and look forward to reading your posts.
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by SDara
For our 30th wedding anniversary, we’re planning a 21 day trip to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI. We’ll be flying in and out of Bangor, ME for our rental car. Wanted to get feedback regarding our initial itinerary below. We plan on seeing all the highlights, parks, gardens, hiking trails, whale sightings, and lots of walking around the towns with stops along the way for some seafood, craft beers and winery’s.

Bangor, ME 1
Saint John, NB 2
Charlottetown, PEI 3
Halifax, NS 5
Cape Breton Island, NS 3
Moncton, NB 3
Fredericton, NB 3
Bangor, ME 1
Total - 21

Wow... all of the comforts you'll have... without the relative RUSH of the pace that so many other travelers tend to know when seeing the Maritimes.

I hope you'll find time to immerse yourselves a bit in the wild tides in the Bay of Fundy.

And were it me, with so many nights, I'd find one or two for perhaps Annapolis Royal, and/or Lunenburg.

3 nights in Moncton might be a touch excessive... though I will admit that 2 nights would afford that full middle day to look around thoroughly.

If you click on my name, you'll find plenty of past threads about Nova Scotia and surrounds which might bring some added ideas.

Oh... here's another... the LIGHTHOUSE at Cape D'or is a great little spot that would seem just wonderful for an anniversary trip. (you can STAY overnight there, in a B & B type environment) (but AVOID if it's foggy... the loud fog horn all night is not ideal)

A trio of those lighthouse photos are at this other thread:

You - who are reminded of Nova Scotia by news of the recent tragedy - VISIT NS! - Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (fodors.com)

Surely we'll all help more when you have more of your own details and wishes in clearer vision.