Reload this Page >

Alaska cruises from Vancouver

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Gerda

We are considering a 7 night Alaska cruise from Vancouver in August. Are there wonderful sights to see & are we likely to see much wildlife (except in the bars!).<BR>Has anyone got any particular recommendations as to which cruise company to go with - they all seem to cover much the same route. Thanks for any help

Old May 17th, 2002, 08:19 PM
cindy

We went a few years ago with Royal Caribbean, and really liked everything about it. We had previously gone on a different cruise with Holland America and were not anxious to go anywhere with them again; Royal Caribbean was a pleasant change. A good part of the fun on these cruises are the onshore excursions; we went up to the top of a glacier via helicopter,and did a pretty gentle whitewater raft trip. There was a historian on board who gave a daily lecture about the history of the state and told us about the places we were passing through and what we were likely to see. <BR> What we particularly liked about this cruise line was that it was evident they treated their staff well. <BR> You might get more useful information on the "cruise" forum. But that was our experience, for what it's worth. Have a great trip!

Old May 17th, 2002, 10:40 PM
April

I liked Holland America. I would go with them, or Celebrity or Princess. I haven't been on a Princess cruise but they do seem big in Alaska.

Old May 18th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Susan

I would suggest that if you want to see as much wildlife as possible that you choose a Cruise/Tour that would give you the cruise experience as well as an inland opportunity. Book soon Alaska is selling out quickly!Write back for more information.<BR>

Old May 18th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Sara

We went on Celebrity last year and it was excellent. I agree with the shore excursions - glacier landing via helicopter and wildlife tour.<BR><BR>If you want more info go to the message boards at cruise-addicts.com<BR><BR>They should have lots of postings now about Alaska.