Reload this Page >

Airport Hotels - Toronto

Search

Airport Hotels - Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 07:39 AM
traveler

Airport Hotels - Toronto

In April we will have a stopover (overnight) between flights in Toronto. We would therefore appreciate some assistance in selecting a hotel near the airport. In the past we have stayed at the Regal Constellation (which we did not like) and the Toronto Airport Marriott. <BR><BR>We are considering the following:<BR><BR>Toronto Airport Marriott<BR>Wyndham Bristol Place<BR>Holiday Inn Select Toronto Airport<BR>Delta Toronto Airport (not sure if this is the correct name, but it is the Delta that is near the airport)<BR>Sheraton Terminal 3<BR><BR>We really liked the Marriott, however the price has gone up considerably since we last stayed, and all of the above hotels are cheaper than the Mariott with the exception of the Sheraton which prices out to be the same (and I get the sense that the Sheraton is a nicer hotel than the Marriott - accurate or not?). Would appreciate any feedback on these hotels, and how they might compare to one another.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Susan

Go with the Sheraton Gateway (Terminal 3). IMHO it is the most convenient, the rooms/amenities are the nicest & the restaurants are very good. If you are travelling w/ children bring swimsuits b/c the pool area is quite nice for a b/f dinner swim!<BR>We stay there frequently & have found the shuttle service to terminal 2 to be reliable & speedy. We will be there again when we fly out of PIA for Christmas. The Bristol Place is also a fine hotel but I don't like having to get over to the airport in the morning.<BR>With the Sheraton you are right there. And, if you are flying out of Term 3 you don't even have to go outside. Just use the connecting walkway!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Jane

I found the Sheraton was very overpriced. The rooms are tired and basic. The lobby, hallways and elevators all smelled like bad fish. The only time they have good rates are on weekends. Weeknight rates are astronomical. Unless you are flying out of Terminal Three, I would stay at the Marriott or the Wyndham.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 07:33 PM
bert

We used to stay at the Sheraton for its convenience but switched for most of the reasons listed above. The last few times our agent has booked us at the Delta and we've had no complaints. Just insist on a King .. Leisure/Studio? as these rooms are much larger than the standard. Restaurants are fine but I'd suggest the Outback Steak House just across the parking lot for dinner. It also has a very nice pool. Staff have been very congenial. Free airport shuttle.

Old Nov 29th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Mike

How long does it take to get to Terminal 2 from the Delta by hotel shuttle? And, do the shuttles run frequently?

Old Nov 30th, 2001, 01:36 PM
bert

My recall is they refer to it as continuous and it leaves approx. every 30 min. taking from 20 - 30 min. to get to the Terminals. Time of arrival can vary with # pickups, of pax going to each terminal etc. They have a large clock posted in the lobby with departure time of next shuttle. .. you let the concierge know you are waiting and he phones the driver. We usually take the one 30 min. prior to anticipated check-in time.

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 03:25 PM
Jan

We stayed at the Sheraton Terminal 3 Feb 2000 for one night. Found the rooms and hotel clean. Payed approx $128 CDN for one night- 3 adults, two doubles. It was convenient, no walking outside. Would stay there again. The above posters mentioned some problems. Didn't have any, unless it has changed since my stay.