Reload this Page >

ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PEOPLE DIVERTED/STRANDED

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 09:03 AM
elizabeth

There's an excellent suggestion on the U.S. forum regarding people <BR> who may require accommodations due to flights being diverted/cancelled. <BR> <BR> Obviously hotels will fill up quickly - is there a way for individuals such as us to <BR> fill gaps as necessary? <BR> <BR> I'm in Toronto - apparently many international flights are being diverted here - if <BR> anyone needs help with accommodation (I can take one person) please e-mail <BR> or call me on my cell at 416.518.9935. <BR> <BR> If others want to post from other cities that would be great.

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 09:03 AM
elizabeth

Forgot to mention - there are reports that blood is being sent from Canada to the States - now would be a good time to donate.

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 03:24 PM
cindy

I heard on the radio that the Toronto office of Canadian Blood Service is simply overwhelmed with donors. They are asking people to make appointments because they've got line-ups all the way to the outside of the building. Later on they might have some emergency clinics set up but at this moment they can't handle the overflow, much-needed though it may be.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Parrot Mom

A big thank you to the people of Canada for taking in and finding room for all these people. Specially a thank you to Halifax where there are 8000 people being put up at the stadium and private homes. Again, Halifax has come through for the Americans..last time recently was when a bus filled with school children crashed from Newton, MA. It;s when all the other countries want help from us that it's nice to know <BR>people want to give the US help..

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 10:00 AM
USA

Thank you Canada!

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 01:59 PM
gary

Good Grief! You are family! I feel like I lost someone very near & dear to me and I think all Canadians feel the same way. If you can't come together as Family at a time of loss then when can you? <BR> <BR>So please, don't thank us for doing what we should do. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 04:24 PM
Sunny

I agree with Gary - don't thank us for doing what's right. Yes the east coast is pretty busy now, but they are good people to the core and will always do what's right. A family is what was quoted - yes - I feel the same way. You are family - and I know that as a Canadian, there are thousands of us that feel the same way - You are not alone in this. We are so devistated beyond words. <BR>I live in Southwestern Ontario, and 6 planes landed yesterday in our small town. I know whoever, whatever - these people are and will be taken care of. I cannot imagine their shock and horror to discover the dealings that went on while they were in the air. <BR>So again, there are no thanks required - we just want to make sure you guys are okay - and know what it is that we can do. Thoughts, prayers are with you today, tommorow and always.