Reload this Page >

Accommodation in Ottawa in July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 08:51 AM
Colleen

We are visiting Ottawa in July and wonder if anybody knows of a moderate hotel with some ambience located near restaurants, attractions etc.

Old Apr 29th, 2000, 02:54 PM
Ron

Most hotels downtown i.e near attractions are expensive, but you might chesk out the Capital Hill Hotel. It is along the lines of an old Days Inn that has recently been renovated. I visited a room there last month and if the price isn't that high it would be worthwhile. There is not much in amenities in the hotel itself but you are 1 block from Elgin St. and the National Arts Centre theatre and Elgin St. which is a pleasant strip of restaurants and bars. You are also one block from the Rideau Canal and 2 from the Parliament Buildings.

Old Jun 16th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Roger

Just got back from Ottawa yesterday. I stayed at the Capital Hill Hotel and was disappointed for the following reasons: <BR>a) Not enough parking spaces <BR>b) Rooms have been redone but not totally...window areas, parts of ceilings, etc. <BR>c) Noisy <BR>d) TV's are too small and don't have premium channels like HBO <BR>e) Toll Free phone calls cost you <BR> <BR>I would look for something else the next time.

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 02:25 PM
Lison

Hello Colleen <BR> <BR>I travel to Ottawa often. I like to stay at the Novotel. It is very well located (near the Byward Market, the shopping center, etc) and is affordable. Have a nice trip!

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 02:33 PM
btv

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Hotel & Suites in Ottawa. I just booked it thinking it was part of the Embassy Suites chain but I think I was wrong. Rates were great for a suite.