You help me, I'll help you! - AUSTRALIA / EUROPE

Jan 31st, 1998, 07:59 PM
Libby

You help me, I'll help you! - AUSTRALIA / EUROPE

We are planning a L O N G trip to Europe and the UK in March 98 and we are having problems getting information on surface travel and accommodation. Can I help anyone planning a trip to Australia in exchange for their doing some homework for me? I work in the tourism industry and I live in Melbourne, Victoria. We are going to Europe on a very lean budget and we want to make the most of every minute - your help would be appreciated. Please email as above.

Jun 28th, 1998, 12:12 AM
Shelly & Nik

Hi Libby....I have not been to Europe yet, but I had planned to go this summer. We discovered that the prices on airfare/hotel go up dramatically,and it is
tougher to get accomodation as most Euorpeans flock to Greece and Spain during summer months. we have decided to postpone our trip there for these reasons. A good book to pick up is the Lonely Planet
guide. There are tons of maps and recommendations for places to stay. This is what we go by. You have a beautiful country, we were there in December and loved it. Please write back!

Jun 30th, 1998, 09:38 AM
Donna

Shelly & Nik: Read your e-mail to the above person. Thought maybe you could help me. Leaving for Melbourne 7/14 and considering a package deal that has me staying at the Swanson Hotel in Melbourne. This hotel doesn't show up in Fodors altho they say it is 4-star!Do you know this hotel. I am aware of the Windsor but the package deal is so good I'm tempted to take it. PLEASE RESPOND SOONEST. I certainly appreciate it.
Donna

Jun 30th, 1998, 09:58 AM
Camilla

Hallo !
Iīm a swede and I have been travelling a lot in Europe. I donīt know if you like to come to Sweden !
One suggestion if you like to travel in Europe to many different cities is to go by coach-bus "European bustickets" by Eurobus wich exist in every city in Europe. There is also interrail tickets but I donīt know if itīs avalabel to buy every were in Europe and there is also a lot of flying companies like SAS and Lufthansa wich offers diffrent tickets prices, if you go to tree or four diffrent cities in Europe.
Itīs also possible to go with bout to some countries in Europe.
Well contact me if you like some more info. I can tell you some about lowbudget hostels too.
My e-mail:[email protected]

See you, I have a plan to come to Australia next year actually Melbourne.

Aug 5th, 1998, 11:57 PM
Eyal Saldinger

Hi Libby!! I can only give you one advice about how to go through Europe and is to get a Euro pass, which allows you to go by train free, I understand that this is the easiest and best way to go aroun there.
I am from Israel though and if you would like to come and visit Israel I'll be happy to assist you with that. It is the most beautiful place I Know!!!
I hope you can help me with a tip of how or where to get a job in Melbourne since I'm coming there in 3 weeks.
Thank you and good luck. Eyal.

Search this Thread