Search

Whitsunday Overnight cruise

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2024, 09:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whitsunday Overnight cruise

Hello All!

Fast question on booking a 2D/2N cruise out of Airlie. This is for the 2nd week of December, so weather could be an issue. We decided that we wanted an AC ship with a smaller passenger count.

I was all set until I read the Terms and Conditions and thought I would ask and see if you all had insight.

The boat we are looking at is for 6 people and the T&C states if they do not fill, to capacity,( we are a group of 4) they will cancel as it would cost them money to sail. Okay, I would hate that and I can understand it at the same time. But the terms continue to say they will keep 20% of the cruise total - even if they are the ones to cancel. ( Again I understand that were I to cancel I should pay a penalty) and goes on to say they can move me to another vessel.

Is this standard?

Thanks!
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 12:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Can you post a link to the company & cruise you are contemplating, please?
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't done an overnight cruise from Airlie so don't know what's standard. There are lots of other options, boating is very popular in that area. I'd look around more and check reviews as well. You could do two day trips, staying overnight in Airlie, or stay on one of the islands. Hamilton will have the most accommodation, it also has an airport.
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the responses. I have looked at a couple sites and some do not have the requirement that I can see. this is the website for the company I was posting about www.sailing-whitsundays.com

I did look into Hamilton Island as a possibility, and for the dates we are traveling, the prices are pretty much the same as the sailing ( which seems delightful if the weather isn't raging).
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The boat trip could be risky in December, weather wise. I guess you know that's the wet season. It could be OK but you won't know until a week, maybe two, beforehand. Even if they declare a cyclone, it's path and ferocity changes day by day.