Reload this Page >

Which side of plane for best view?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 05:47 AM
Marg

Hi everyone, <BR>When flying from Papeete to Moorea, which side of the plane is best to sit on to get the best view. Also, when flying from Moorea to Bora Bora, which side is best? <BR>Thanks.

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 04:31 PM
mms

I think the best view from Tahiti to Moorea is from the Ferry. The plane ride in only five minutes and the plane is so small that you will be able to see out of both sides of the plane. <BR> <BR>From Moorea to Bora Bora, we were told to sit on the left side for the best view, however, the pilot then came in from the opposite direction. My husband is a pilot and he told me that pilots often have to switch landing patterns to bit the wind direction, etc. Even though the pilot came in from the opposite direction and we couldn't see the island as well, the view of the lagoon was beautiful.

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 01:32 PM
greg

Papeete to Moorea plane is so small, two seats across so basically you have view both ways. How it approaches Moore has to do with the wind direction. You might want to watch witch way the planes are flying to Moorea. <BR> <BR>From Moorea to Bora Bora, again has to do with the wind direction. If the plane is taking off to north, sit left for good view of Moorea and probably Bora Bora as well since run aways basically goes North-South in each island. If the plane is taking off to south at Moorea, the plane take off to south with Moorea to the right, gains altitude while flying south of Moorea heading to NW to Raiatea. Sit on the right for breathtaking view of the Moorea's high peaks and the plane will PROBABLY approach Bora Bora from the West then to North for final approach going south with view the island to the right. Raiatea is always on the left and Huahine is on the right. The folks at the counter can probably tell you the LIKELY flight pattern of the day. However, the flight pattern can change on a fly depending on the weather conditions.