Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Which hotels in Moorea, Bora Bora and Rangiroa?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 05:29 PM
Lisa

Hi! <BR> <BR>I am considering spending my honeymoon in those three islands. <BR> <BR>I have a package from an agency, which includes the following hotels for each island: <BR> <BR>Moorea: Either the Beachcomber Parkroyal or the Sheraton Moorea Lagoon <BR> <BR>Bora Bora: Either the Beachcomber Parkroyal or Le Meridien <BR> <BR>Rangiroa: Kia Ora Village or Kia Ora Sauvage <BR> <BR>Has anyone here had any experiences with any of these hotels, and if so, which would you choose on each island? <BR> <BR>I want to make sure that after spending all of this money, I am picking the right hotel (especially since it's my honeymoon - I don't want anything to go wrong if I can help it!!). <BR> <BR>I am most concerned about picking the most luxurious resort with the best facilities, and great service (hopefully good food too!!) <BR> <BR>Thank you so much for your help in advance - I do really appreciate it!! <BR> <BR>Kind Regards, <BR>Lisa

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Holly

My husband and I went to the Pearl Beach Resort in Bora Bora and loved it! I want to go back to Huahine and stay at the Te Tiare Beach Resort next year. On Moorea you should stay at the Sheraton - I haven't been there, but it is much newer than the Beachcomber and I've heard really good things about it. Good luck - you'll have a great time!

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 07:59 PM
YS

On Moorea, we've stayed at the Sheraton and liked it. It is the newest and nicest property on the island. We stayed at the overwater bungalow there, which was nice and specious. We found food a little overpriced, but of excellent quality. The resort is somewhat "americanized" which makes it loose it polenesian touch just a little bit. <BR> <BR>On Bora Bora we went to the Pearl Beach and liked it a lot. We stayed at the garden bungalow, which has totally private "backyard" with your own small pool - very nice. Food is a little cheaper then at the Sheraton, but just as nice. We liked luch food at the Pearl Beach more then in the Sheraton. <BR> <BR>From your choices I would pick Le Meridien on Bora Bora as its more excuisit and not as big and "americanized" as the Parkroyal resorts. <BR> <BR>For more info check out these sites: <BR>http://www.tahiti-explorer.com (follow the Travel Forum link on the left side) <BR>and <BR>http://www.polynesianislands.com/wwwboard/fp/ <BR> <BR>I also found Costco travel offering very nice deals on the packages.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 08:01 PM
YS

Forgot to mention my own page with some pictures of the Sheraton and Pearl Beach. <BR> <BR>http://home.netcom.com/~yuriy/

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Louise

Hello, Lisa - we stayed last year at the Kia Ora Village and loved it. The food was very good. We stayed in the cheaper "garden units" but if returning would stay in a beachfront unit or over the water. Some of the beachfront units have been remodelled and are gorgeous. Maybe by now they have all been remodeled. The snorkeling is wonderful and imagine the diving is also. Did two snorkeling runs through the "passes" which were fantastic. A few Americans there but mostly French. Kia Ora Sauvage is very secluded and a boat ride away from the Village. I think it is more like luxury camping where you are left alone but for meals. Met a young married couple who loved it. They did a few days at each. Also stay on Bora Bora and Moorea but not at the places you mentioned.