Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

WHEN POSTING A QUESTION - PLEASE.........................................

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of us who have a limited time on our computers and are in areas that do not have the benefit of ADSL it would really be helpful if you could write the destination on the title line so that those of us without any knowledge or interest in that area could just skip opening the post.
At times my computer is very slow and therefore it would be so helpful to me.
Just think what it would be like if those of you in the USA had all the posts about Europe jumbled in with the US and you had to plough through all of them.
Thanks
LizF
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 01:29 PM

Liz's request is very worthy and please also mention what time of the year you will be in Australia. It's a big country - whilst it may be positively balmy in Tasmania, at the same time it can be monsoonal in Darwin.
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 02:39 PM

Agree with Liz and Pat both, and would add that it's usually a good idea to run a search on this board first - there's a good chance that the question has been answered before, and maybe in more detail than a new question might generate.

Also, no matter how good the advice on these forums may be, they can't compensate for the lack of a guide book.

Neither of these suggestions is meant to discourage questions, just perhaps better focus them.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 10:57 AM

I agree also, it helps if posters mention exactly what they would to see, or their particular interests, instead of a "generalised" question.
I guess some people don't realise just how big Australia is, the travelling times, both driving & flying just to get to your destination.
I often see posts on this board where someone is "Trying to see" as much of Australia, in only 7-14 days.
Old Nov 24th, 2004, 03:42 PM

Those interested in "seeing as much of Australia in depthin 7-14 days" would probably be more well served by renting a few good travel videos, fabulous Australian movies, and reading through their public library's selection of books about / set in Australia.

With 5 weeks for our first trip we were frustated that we didn't have enough time to explore in depth the few parts of the country we visited. Of course being retired makes month long sojourns possible.

But seriously better to save 2 annual 2 week vacation if you are American or a month's if you come from a more labor enlightened part of the world to experience this vast and fascinating land. IMHO

AndrewDavid