weather

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 1999, 07:14 AM
Linda

weather

My husband and I are taking a tour to Austrailia, New Zealand and Fiji in early June of 2000, for three weeks, we are limited to the luggage to take and I need to know from travelers that have been there at this time of year what I must have to get by in the cold and the warm areas. We will be in N. Austrailia (Cairns) as well as S. New Zealand and Fiji.....Linda <BR>A

Old Jul 12th, 1999, 08:30 AM
Emily

I lived in Christchurch, New Zealand (the South Island) for ten years. June is the middle of winter and will be quite cold, but probably not too rainy. Take a warm jacket, some clothes for layering and an umbrella.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 03:02 AM
Jo

As the above poster has said, NZ will be cold. Thermal underware would probably be a good idea (packs up small but keeps the warmth). Take at least one fleecy jumper. The rest of the places will be warm - bikini and sarong are essentials. Shorts, summer dresses and so forth. Maybe take a light waterproof jacket. <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Emily

I just got an email message from my girlfriend in Auckland about their weather right now (once again -- N.Z. winter). She was describing how she had to help out at the scene of a fender-bender and her words were "I was really glad I had on my long woolen winter coat which I had bought from Chicago and had my knee-high boots on as well." Auckland will also have a cold rain, as I recall.

Old Jul 13th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Emily

I just got an email message from my girlfriend in Auckland about their weather right now (once again -- N.Z. winter). She was describing how she had to help out at the scene of a fender-bender and her words were "I was really glad I had on my long woolen winter coat which I had bought from Chicago and had my knee-high boots on as well." Auckland will also have a cold rain, as I recall.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 12:04 AM
Michael

Linda, <BR>Cold and probably wet in NZ & Oz, hot in Fiji (around 30 degrees celcius).

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 04:02 PM
Janet

Linda, <BR> <BR>While it will be the middle of winter in Australia not all of Australia will be cold. <BR> <BR>If you are in the north,(Cairns, Townsvill, Darwin, Whitsunday Islands etc.) it will be still quite warm. Soon as you venture south of these places the temperature will drop. <BR> <BR>Janet