Reload this Page >

Thai Cooking Schools in Bankok

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 05:27 AM
Vanessa

Has anyone attended the cooking school at the oreintal hotel or at the landmark hotel. I will be in Bankok for 5 days in would like to attend cooking classes in the morning - so if you have any recommendations I'd appreciate it. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 03:35 AM
Pithyakorn

I asked my boss who's keen on Thai cuisine. <BR>She said both hotels you mentioned are excellent in cooking. <BR>However, the Oriental is a bit more famous. <BR> <BR>Please feel free to drop me a mail if you need any further info. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 11:47 PM
Adam Lakritz

I am thinking of doing the same thing and am trying to find out more information. Will pass along whatever I come across. Am planning to go early September, when are you planning your trip for?

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 01:30 AM
Lee

The Oriental Coking is more for tourist. if you want more authentic, try the "Thai House TEl: (662)2800740 or (661)9039611. Fax : (602)9039354.It's in a real Thai House , quite far from Bangkok,(1 1/2 hrs) best to stay 1 night.They have room but no T.V. and air-con. This is the place that even chefs go to see "real Thai cooking".By the way, if you are planning to visit Oriental Hotel, must try the Health spa, best in Aisa but book ahead. <BR>For Thai food, Celadon in Sukothai Hotel is my favourite.The hotel suites are very nice and spacious too.Good Luck <BR> <BR>Lee <BR>Hong Kong

Old Aug 16th, 1998, 05:55 AM
judy

I did a cooking class in Changmai (that I found on-line) that was exceptional. It was truly hands on (and inexpensive!) All of the veges and/or meats were already prepared for us to use. We made our own sauces (each one of us, individually) and then cooked each course in our own wok (that was owned by the school). Then we took the wok over to the sink, it was washed and we ate. It was at: Sompet Thai Cookery School; e-mail: [email protected] <BR>Have fun!! <BR>