Thai Airways

Old Jul 11th, 1998, 12:40 PM
bushmama

Thai Airways

Would be interested in hearing of anyone's experience with Thai Air. Will be flying to Bangkok. Thanks.

Old Jul 13th, 1998, 08:42 AM
Meg

We flew Thai Air from LA to Bangkok 2 months ago. The flight was comfortable - my very tall husband had enough room in coach to relax and get some sleep. The food was good going but not so good coming home. The flight attendants were very attentive and pleasant. Best long-distance flight we've ever taken.

Old Aug 16th, 1998, 09:10 AM
sue

<BR>tis will be the third time we have travelled with thi air a great airline <BR>nothing is to much trouble

Old Sep 3rd, 1998, 06:02 PM
Mike

We just returned to the United States from two weeks in Thailand and flew Thai Air from BKK to Chiang Mai and back. We found Thai Air to be extremely customer friendly, reliable, very inexpensive, safe, and convenient. Their planes were new, immaculate, and one of the best deals we found while in the country. We took Korean Air from the US for the long trip, which was also excellent. I would assume Thai Air also has pretty good service for the long hauls if their domestic service and the quality of their Bangkok terminal is any indication.

Old Sep 6th, 1998, 11:10 AM
Jo Harriet

If I could, I would always fly Thai Air. We flew it in the summer of 1997 in and out of Bangkok, and then within Thailand to Chaing Mai round trip and to Pukett round trip. Lovely stewardesses, delicious food on even a one-hour flight, timely and apparently safe flights, reasonably comfortable seats. Some of the flight times were pretty odd (very late at night, for example) but that was explained as saving fuel. You can't do better than Thai Airlines. Jo Harriet <BR>

Old Sep 6th, 1998, 07:36 PM
Glen

Hello <BR> <BR>In the last two months I have flown with Thai on 5 International flights. I found the airline to be fairly mediocre in all aspects. They used to be great. They have fallen behind in their fleet age and general customer service and passenger comfort. Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines have much newer aircraft with the absolute latest in passenger services and facilities in every class eg seatback video and multi-adjustable seats. One huge problem with Thai is their horrible seats in economy on their A300 aircraft, narrow and generally very uncomfortable. I'm very disappointed that they haven't kept up with their local competitors. Maybe currency devaluation and thoughts of privatisation have stalled improvement plans?? I fly a lot and I'm afraid Thai needs to do some work to revitalise itself to win me back.