Tech Question -- eSim for NZ and Australia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2023, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are doing a 3 week self-drive tour of the South Island in NZ and another week in Sydney. We will need data and phone access during this time and are looking for options other than our regular cell carrier. Phone access is for contact with our hotels, Air B&B, etc. Has anybody used an eSim in NZ? Did you have phone access or just data? Which one did you use?
Old Nov 22nd, 2023, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My phone plan is through a corporate plan so they've limited our ability to purchase independent eSim plans. I have to purchase an international plan through my company's plan. So I have less say in what I get and for what price. It tends to be more expensive this way, but I never had to worry about running out of data or not being able to accept or place calls. Since your situation is likely different, you should be able to find a local travel data plan that fits your needs. You would purchase the plan and activate your eSIm card on arrival in the country. Something like that. You can check out these plans from Spark NZ and see if that's what you're looking for. https://www.spark.co.nz/shop/mobile-...avel-pack.html This is the provider that serviced my data while I was there.