Tahiti Rainy Season

Nov 9th, 2000, 12:03 PM
Marie

Tahiti Rainy Season

A friend of mine at work is going to Tahiti on his honeymoon the last week of November, first week of December, he recently heard that December starts the rainy season in Tahiti and is a little nervous.
Does the rainy season mean periods of short rain everyday, or all day rain???

Can anyone tell me more about the weather in Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora that time of year.

Nov 10th, 2000, 01:40 PM
JP

During our 10 days on various islands (on a cruise out from Tahiti) last December, it rained for less than an hour twice, and from one enening to the next noon once.

Nov 12th, 2000, 04:07 AM
Debi

We went to Tahiti in January 2 years ago. We were also quite nervous about the possibility of rain. Finally, I spoke to someone from there and they told me to never use the season as a planning time to go there - they said it was always beautiful (unless of course you get that typhoon thing going...) So, our experience was that he was correct. We were there 2 1/2 weeks - it rained the afternoon of the superbowl (and I do believe someone did that on purpose!) It stopped the minute the game was over. It also rained one other night - just through the night - started about 11:30 pm, ended about 5:00 am. GREAT honeymoon place!!

Nov 12th, 2000, 12:18 PM
gail

We went last year during this time and it was beautiful! We did experience one short period of light rain and it was great. Tell them to have no fear.It is not a cold winter rain from our experience.

Nov 20th, 2000, 02:23 PM
Susan

We just returned yesterday from Bora Bora. With November being the start of the "rainy season" we were a bit concerned, too. It did rain nearly every day, but not for more than 15 minutes. The brief rain caused absolutely no problems, regardless of what activities we were enjoying at the time.