Search

Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 06:50 AM
Tony

Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora

Info needed on Tahiti/Moorea/Bora Bora. My fiancee and I <BR>are in the midst of planning our Honeymoon and we have decided to go to French Polynesia. We have decided to go <BR>to Polynesia (before continuing on to Patagonia) to relax and will spend about 1 week there (is that enough, we are <BR>not really beach fans, but we will need to relax and figured this is a good place), and then we will travel around Chile and Argentinean Patagonia (@ 16 days) and do <BR>some hiking, biking, maybe take a short cruise or something. <BR> <BR>My questions are: <BR>We don't plan to stay on Tahiti for more than a day or so and want to go somewhere with white sand beaches and more of a calm atmosphere to relax. What are your thoughts on Moorea and Bora Bora? I know Moorea is closer, but we are considering either. Also, what advice do you have for Hotels/Bungalows/Restaurants/Must Sees, etc. <BR>Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 05:43 PM
Susie

Have been to Moorea 3 times now and Bora Bora once. Moorea to me is the prettiest island but Bora Bora has the prettiest lagoons. Both have white sand beaches but to be honest not many people sunbathe. There are too many other activities to do. E-mail me personally if you have specific questions.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 05:43 PM
Susie

Have been to Moorea 3 times now and Bora Bora once. Moorea to me is the prettiest island but Bora Bora has the prettiest lagoons. Both have white sand beaches but to be honest not many people sunbathe. There are too many other activities to do. E-mail me personally if you have specific questions.

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 07:35 PM
Nancy

We honeymooned in Moorea and Bora Bora June '98. While Moorea is known for the lushness of the land, Bora Bora has the most beautiful lagoon I have ever seen. Bora Bora is much more remote than Moorea and a little more expensive. Both have beautiful white sand beaches, but we hardly saw anyone on the beach. Everyone is either on their decks, in the lagoon or touring the island. Definitely stay in an over the water bungalow. It is worth it! We felt that the food was better in Moorea than Bora Bora, but we found that food is on the bottom of the list for these islands. It's not a place to go if food is on the top if your list! Also, everything is extremely expensive, but both Islands are truly paradise. We are water and beach people, but we never went to the beach. If I had to choose, I would definitely choose Bora Bora. You can definitely relax in both Islands. Don't even bother with Tahiti, very 3rd world and very commercial. If you have specific questions, E-mail me.

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 07:24 AM
Kate

We just got back from a wonderful trip. <BR>We visited Bora Bora, Manihi, and Moorea. All three were great. I would not spend any time on Tahiti because it is not nearly as nice as the other islands and you can visit it very easily from Moorea for a day trip <BR> <BR>My husband and I booked through Tahiti Travel Planners, and they <BR>did an excellent job helping us. A friend of ours had used them for their honeymoon and told us about them. They had a very good website at http://www.millenniumtours.com <BR> <BR> I can not say enough about how helpful they were and how much time they spent answering our many questions and giving us real answers and guidance. We were <BR>so grateful to find someone who knew and cared to speak to us about the islands we wanted to visit. We worked with two <BR>different agents there and they both knew the islands and hotels very well. <BR> <BR>Our overwater bungalow at the Pearl Beach hotel in Manihi was fabulous- it was definitely our favorite bungalow on <BR>the trip. We had a great time and Manihi and its people were so <BR>completely different than scenery and people on Moorea or Bora <BR>Bora. However, it is very relaxed and there is not much activity on Manihi. <BR> <BR> We also loved the Parkroyal on Bora Bora- it had great overwater bungalows too and several people we met really liked the Pearl Beach Resort. The Le Maitai Polynesia was also nice (a bit small) but had very affordable bungalows. When we go back we will probably stay there so we can save some money. <BR> <BR>On Moorea we stayed at the Sofitel in an <BR>overwater bungalow which was also very nice (the best overwater bungalow on the island). The Parkroyal was also very nice. Most of the "middle of the road" hotels seemed shabby but the Les Tipaniers was quite cute and had a very nice restaurant. <BR> <BR>We had a great time and you will too! <BR>

Old May 6th, 1999, 09:07 AM
Mike

Check out my Moorea notes post from 9/22/98. Moorea is awesome! I would like to check out Bora Bora next. Go to both if you can. I would spend as little time as possible on Tahiti. <BR> <BR>Best <BR> <BR>Mike

Old May 7th, 1999, 08:34 AM
debbie

discover wholesale travel has a special for $799 to your destination. <BR>e-mail them at [email protected].