Reload this Page >

Sydney New Year's Eve Ideas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 12:14 PM
AG

We will be in Sydney for New Year's Eve/Day, does anyone have suggestions for where to view fireworks, where to have a nice dinner that evening or any other thoughts? Thanks!

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Alan

Hi, AG!<BR>This question came up a few weeks ago, so I found it and topped it for you. Hopefully it will address at least some of your queries. Look at the adjacent question in the list.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 08:35 PM
jenny

Book a boat, dinner cruise or some such. You'll only arrive when boat leaves, you'll be on the harbour direct, and will be able to move around to various highlights. Truly magic.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Sonia

Hi AG<BR><BR>I will be doing the same next new year so enjoy looking at the ideas that have come up. I hadn't though about the boat cruise (although I've done one in London). The only thing I'm concerned about if you don't do the cruise, is spending all day trying to bag a good seat and having to wait a long time for the climax. Just a thought.. Be great to hear how you get on. Have a safe trip<BR><BR>Sonia

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Emily

We'll be in Sydney for NYE too and have been trying to book a restaurant with harbor views. So far everything's been sold out for months or is very expensive ($US200+ a head). You could find out more at www.sydneynewyearseve.com.au (updated in December)--it has current info on places to see the fireworks, including links to maps that show the best viewing spots.<BR><BR>I haven't been in Sydney for a couple of years now, but the areas by Circular Quay and the Rocks used to get really really crowded and pretty hectic--not so great. Good luck with yur planning!