Search

Sydney Harbour Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 10:11 PM
Lori

Sydney Harbour Cruise

Are the dinner cruises worth it/good? If so, any particular one to recommend? <BR>If not a dinner cruise any other recomendations for getting on the water and enjoyable and not too too touristy?? <BR> <BR>PS we going to be there the 1st week of April if that matter for the weather, etc. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Lori

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 07:28 AM
KC

Lori, <BR> <BR>We went on a lunch cruise with Captain Cook cruises. It was wonderful. The food was really great and the commentary and history was very informative. I highly recommend it. We learned a lot and were able to see a lot (Shark's Island, Taronga Zoo, etc.) <BR> <BR>We caught a breathtaking sunset, coming back from Manly Beach on the JetCat. If you would like to get on the water, I recommend the JetCat to/from Manly Beach. <BR> <BR>KC

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 02:30 PM
ALF

Buy a ferry map/schedule and make up your own itinerary. There are TONS of ferries that go every which way, and you could ride them for DAYS to fun places. Many of the boats are small and quaint, and its great fun to people-watch. Here's a photo of Circular Quay, the main ferry terminal: <BR>http://www.justlikebeingthere.com/pu...&image_id=2999

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Tori

Lori, <BR>Pretty much all the major cruises run from the Circular Quay Dock are fabulous, it all depends on what you want... there is a shorter Harbour Lights Cruise run at dusk/night. You have numerous lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, and coffee cruises, some cruises don't even supply food, you can take your own packed lunch. First thing to do is get down to the ticket office down at Circular Quay and pick up brochures and book early... April will still be nice on the water, but definately take a warm jacket with you it will get very breezy on the water. One place I can't stress enough to take a visit to is this website... it is the public transport information site for the Sydney and Greater Sydney area.... <BR>http://www.131500.com.au/ <BR> <BR>When you get to Sydney you can call that number to... it is their phone number and you can get information from them for the cost of a local call. <BR> <BR>Cheers

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Ally

If you're looking for something 'not too touristy' I HIGHLY reccommend you check out The Sydney Sundancer. My husband and I sailed with them on the GBR for part of our honeymoon and it was perfect. Their GBR trips are through July-Oct. and the rest of the time they do Harbor cruises. As their boat is only 54', it caters to a much smaller crowd. You may even consider spending a night on their boat. John and Lynne are excellent host and the food is FANATSTIC! Their web site does not give prices, etc, but has an email link for info. Web site is: <BR>www.luxuryyacht.com.au/content.htm <BR>Check it out!