Search

sunday dining in sydney

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 08:35 AM
lee

sunday dining in sydney

I am looking for a very special dining spot on a Sunday evening in central Sydney (preferabley with a nice view). This is for a couple who will be celebrating a 50th wedding anniversay. We seem to run into a lot of "Closed Sundays" in our research. Also would be interested in a very good Sunday Bruch at a place with a view. Any ideas?

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Matt

Doyles at Watsons Bay

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Kerry

If by very special dining spot with a nice view you also mean very expensive dining spot with a fabulous view look at www.ariarestaurant.com.au and www.quay.com.au. Both are open Sunday for dinner. For Sunday brunch look at www.watermarkrestaurant.com.au. <BR>Warning! All three are wallet emptiers.

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Angela

I have a suggestion for you that might be worth considering. Have you considered dining on Sydney Harbour? There are a number of cruises that leave from Darling Harbour or the Quay that include dinner and dancing or dinner and show. The only one that comes to mind now is Captain Cook Cruises but they are good value and the view can't get better than being on the harbour. There are also plenty of wonderful hotels near the Quay that you can start (or finish) the night with a drink. I hope you find something special to do and congratualations on your anniversary.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Mary Ann

As mentioned above, Quay has a great view. We ate there not on a Sunday, our table had a good view of the Opera house (for 2 of the 4). If you consider Quay, there was a section of the room that all would have a view, if there are more than 2. In that area, you have a view of both the Harbour Bridge and the Opera house, therefore, if you do book here, reserve a table in that area. We tried to move but they said they were reserved well in advance and this was a Wednesday night. <BR>I watch Tennis and recently when they had the Australian Open, Quantas had commercials that I knew had to be filmed in that restaurant.