Search

Storage and Parking in Australia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2023, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storage and Parking in Australia

Hi all

I'm a digital nomad and have just recieved an offer to work overseas for 3 month from next January.

Just wanted to see if anyone has a better solution for long term storage and parking in AUS than just using the big companies? Money is tight in this economy and I'm going abroad for 3 months and need a cheaper solution than the Storage companies to store a couple of boxes.

Main issue is finding a place for my car for the next 3 months. Anyone has any idea or has used any service that would provide cheaper carpark for longterm other than the parking companies near the airports?

Would really appreciate everyone's ideas and opinions.

Cheers
Ben

Last edited by Moderator1; Nov 1st, 2023 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Removed thirty-three lines of white space
Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 12:33 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I know nothing about anything in Australia but I do have an experience with traveling for months that would apply anywhere if circumstances were similar. First, if it's really just "a couple of boxes" you need to store then the trunk of the car is an obvious place for them. Regarding a place for the car, when I traveled for 6 months I had 2 cars. One went in my garage, the other was parked at a friend's place in the countryside. So if you know someone with more space than they're using, ask.

Old Nov 2nd, 2023, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a website (probably more than one) where people with a car space they don't use, match up with someone who wants to rent the car space. So for example, someone lives in the inner city and their apartment has it's own car space, or garage, but they don't own a car. They rent it out to someone who might drive in to work in the city. If you can find a garage that can be locked, you can store your car and belongings there. If it's just a car space in a big open area, with other cars, you could leave stuff in the boot. Neither option would be 100% safe but worth looking into.
Old Nov 15th, 2023, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Consider checking local storage facilities or community bulletin boards for more affordable storage options. Explore shared economy platforms like Spacer or Car Next Door. Negotiate with residents in residential areas for potential long-term parking solutions. Look beyond airport parking companies to find more cost-effective options in nearby suburbs.

Safe travels!

Best, qureshi