Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

spit bridge to manly walk--where do you pick it up?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone posted directions to the entrance via bus line from the spit bridge. i can't find it and would like to know exactly how to get to the walk?
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 06:10 PM

The details were posted by Alan so if you do a search just using 'Alan' it should turn it up - plus a multitude of other useful Sydney information.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 06:31 PM

I should have added that it is just a matter of crossing the actual bridge and the path then goes off to the right, and is quite well signed from memory. But Alan's post probably has more specific details.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 03:34 AM

Hi, dtraynor!<BR>Hope this reply hasn't come too late... somehow I got a picture of you standing at the Spit Bridge with your laptop in hand, desperately typing a plea for directions!<BR>Bus 180 goes from Stand C in Carrington Street, behind Wynyard Station. Ask the driver to let you off at the stop just before the bus crosses the Spit Bridge. This is a waterside park with lots of sailboats to admire.<BR>Cross the road (if the traffic is heavy there's an under-the-bridge walkway a little further along) and then walk across the bridge. As you walk across, look to your right on the far side. You will see a grassy area at the water's edge. As you get to the other side of the bridge, there is a steep but car-worthy road going down to that area. At the bottom, you will see the sign pointing you onwards.... NOT back under the bridge.<BR>Hope that helps.
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

thanks!!! i spent an hour last night going through all of your past postings, but I finally found it. not leaving for oz until early april--hopefully the war won't slow us all down!