Reload this Page >

Side trips in Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 05:32 AM
AJ

Planning a trip to Australia and saw this Enhanced Land Package for our trip. Cost is $349 (USA) a person, which includes ground transfer to and from airport. Would it be better to book the trips when we get there? Any advice would be helpful. <BR> <BR>Sydney - 3 day explorer pass <BR> <BR>Explore all the city's major sites as you please or use Sydney's great Explorer Bus system. This independent pass also includes a Sydney Harbor cruise and access to all Sydney ferries. <BR> <BR> <BR>Melbourne – Half-day sightseeing tour <BR> <BR>This half-day tour shows you the best parts of Melbourne. Explore the grand architecture, beautiful gardens, and vibrant restaurants that make Melbourne a fabulous city. <BR> <BR>Great Barrier Reef - Cruise <BR>The Great Barrier Reef is one of the Natural Wonders of the world. On this full-day Great Barrier Reef cruise you'll visit the reef on a catamaran, and spend a few hours at the reef, with the option to snorkel, take a semi submersible tour, or dive. Diving is an additional cost. <BR>Kuranda & Rainforest – Half-day excursion <BR>Explore the beautiful World Heritage rainforest on this half-day tour from Cairns. Take one of the world's longest gondola rides high above the treetops of a lush tropical rainforest to the fascinating village of Kuranda. <BR> <BR>Kuranda & Rainforest – Half day excurison <BR>Explore the beautiful World Heritage rainforest on this half-day tour from Cairns. Take one of the world's longest gondola rides high above the treetops of a lush tropical rainforest to the fascinating village of Kuranda. <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 06:50 AM
dc

We have book the excursion package you mentioned and we leave tomorrow! With the exchange rate you may save some money booking when you get there. But we went ahead with the tour to keep things simple for our first time in Oz. We also upgraded to first class hotels and hopefully they will meet up to our expectations. We leave on Quantas on Dec 6th and return the 19th. Perhaps we'll run into you there.

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 06:41 AM
AJ

Bringing to the top

Old Dec 9th, 2000, 08:01 AM
Anthony

AJ: <BR>I am planning the same trip for 6 people with Quantas in May '01. We also upgraded to 1st class hotels, but decided to forego theextras package and book tours onour own. <BR>Hope poster DC writes a trip report; would like to know about accomodations and such. <BR>Here is a link I found for booking GBR tours on your own: <BR>http://www.great-barrier-reef.com/ <BR> <BR>also, if you click on the main link on that page, which I have right here: <BR>http://www.australia.travelonline.com/ <BR> <BR>this will bring you to more links for arranging travel and touring info for Oz and NZ <BR>Love to share more info with you

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 12:15 AM
znorth

I can provide advice on Melbourne but not on Cairns. 3 day tour of Sydney is also a good idea. It is a tough place to get around without a guide, taffic is hard to understand. <BR> <BR>If in Melbourne 1/2 day of the city would be great. Essential tour or side trip would be Healsville Santuary. Great wildlife park, all the Aussie animals. <BR> <BR>The aussie dollar is so low you will do really well out here. 54 cents to the American, a week ago it was 50 cents to the dollar and you don't have to tip. <BR> <BR>If you want any advice about the hotels you could email me or post another message. I do recruitment for some of them in Melbourne so I might know about them. Enjoy your trip

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 10:38 PM
AJ

Brining to the top. Hope DC see this message. <BR> <BR>DC how was your trip in Dec, and how was the Enhanced Land Package.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -