Short Visit to Tasmania

Mar 9th, 2015, 05:32 AM
cwn
Original Poster

Short Visit to Tasmania

Hi all,

We arrived in Hobart on March 3 after cruising from San Francisco to Sydney...much more civilized if you have the time. This is the first stop as we work our way across S E Asia and South Africa.

Tasmania is better than we dreamed it would be...we are in love. Thanks for all the help!

Internet has been a bit of a problem. So I will not post here too much, but we are keeping a daily Blog with pictures about our trip if anyone is interested.

www.rtw50thanniversary.blogspot.com
Mar 10th, 2015, 01:49 AM

Happy Anniversary! I LOVED your photos. I've recently been to all of those places in Tasmania and the pix brought back wonderful memories of that gorgeous place.

Wow. What a trip!!!
Mar 10th, 2015, 09:57 AM

Wonderful to read your blog and see the pictures. We will be in Tasmania for one week in October, looks like it has been a great trip so far.
Mar 11th, 2015, 04:32 PM
cwn
Original Poster

Thanks for the kind replies. We are having a great time.

On the GOR right now and heading to Bali this weekend.
We are staying at the Boomerang cottages...three delightful cottages shaped like boomerangs with fabulous views.
Mar 11th, 2015, 08:28 PM

Nice blog & I'm delighted you're enjoying this part of your trip.

Just wondering though, how the man you met on the flight would feel about having his name published on the Internet. Personally, I wouldn't like it at all, so perhaps a little edit may be in order? Unless, of course, he gave his permission.
Mar 12th, 2015, 02:00 PM
cwn
Original Poster

Bokhara2-

You are right and done! Didn't even think about that when we were writing that night. We have done the various blogs so our grandchildren can follow along on our long trips and so we will remember the details we would otherwise forget. That happens at our age! The blog is the draft for a hardbound book I put together once we are home for our reading pleasure and a memory of the trip.

Thanks.