Search

Shipping to Australia?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Kathy

Shipping to Australia?

My son is traveling in Australia and it looks as if he may be staying awhile. I'd like to ship some of his belongings, but the shipping rates I'm finding are cost-prohibitive? What is the cheapest way to ship to Australia? (and still be confident the package will get there!)

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 02:59 PM
LizF

Where are you?<BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Kathy

I'm in the US. (New York State)

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Lizf

From the USA you should be able to get a Big Bag rate. I believe that you are given a large bag and you can fill it up with whatever - I don;'t know what postal service does this - you really would be better asking in your area as we would not have much idea of what is available in the USA. I buy and sell books too and that is the only reason I know the above.<BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Kathy

Thanks, Liz. I guess I'll have to continue looking. I haven't had too much luck so far looking at FEDEX or UPS. Maybe an internet search of "big bag"?

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 06:55 PM
LizF

Its under M Bag and the following will get you the site under USPS<BR>http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlBulk/weight.asp?err=NoEntry&Country=Australia&method=18 &methodtext=Economy+M%2Dbags+Books+and+Publisher&M axWeight=66&strData=&Pieces=1&Pounds=20&Ounces=0&c hkPerPiece=<BR><BR>this seems very long so try it out and see. Anyway I calculated 20 lbs and the cost is $20US - the bag must not weigh more than 66Lbs so that should do you I would think.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR> <BR>