Shangri-La vs. Sokala

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Lisa

Shangri-La vs. Sokala

Hi,

My husband and I are trying to decide between these two hotels. Does anyone have any opinions? Also, we are trying to find reasonable air fare from North America (either Vancouver or LAX). Are there any discount airfares to Raro?? I know that there are packages from Canada 3000 but they go to the Edgewater and we would rather stay somewhere else.

Thank you!

Lisa

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Diane

Hi Lisa,
Many times in our local paper I have seen Canada 3000 advertise not only the Edgewater but numerous other resorts too. I just can't imagine an airline only offering one hotel as part of their vacation packages. If I happen to pass a travel agency I'll see what I can find for Cook Islands via Vancouver and email you.
Diane

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 01:30 PM
LordBalfor

I've been checking Canada 3000's web site daily for any indication that they are accepting bookings to Raro. But so far it is not on their list of valid locations. I can see it on their schedule list but not on the booking list. Is it still too early to book with them - or am I missing something?

Ken

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 11:12 AM
Jackie

I did not stay at either of these places, but saw them from the outside. They are both very nice and in the same great location, Muri Beach. The owner of Shangri-la is from the U.S. and a very nice person. Sokala villas look like log cabins and are in a more secluded setting, some with private pools. I think either place would be great. Everyone I talked to on Rarotonga who stayed at the Edgewater did not care for it. Good luck and have a great time. It was very much worth the long flight from the U.S. for me.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Lynda

Why don't you consider the Muri Beachcomber. The units are directly on the beach and are great. We've stayed there twice and would certainly return. It is beside the Pacific Resort and owned by a NZ couple. Check out their website.