Search

Serviced Apartments

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Mary

Serviced Apartments

I am an American teacher. My 12 year old son and I will be visiting Australia from about mid-June until mid-August during our school holidays. We are looking for serviced apartments in the Sydney area. The hotel or apartment needs to be close to public transportation. We will also be going north as far as Cairns, so any leads there would be appreciated, too. I lived in Sydney from 1974-1977 and I can't wait to return! Does anyone have any information to help us?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 10:27 PM
aunty

Hello, <BR>The best way is to do a search on the net for Sydney and check accommodation/apartments. For information about visiting Cairns do a search of this site and click in Cairns/Port Douglas/Great Barrier Reef/ Daintree/Whitsundays/Hinchinbrook island/ and you should get enough information to sink a ship that way. It will be a lovely time for the GBR and although a tad cool in Sydney and no swimming, the Blue Mountains will be lovely for a visit and at least climbing the bridge will be less of an effort.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:23 AM
sue

There a number of services apts in Sydney - eg Medina chain you can do a search as they have various locations. In Port Douglas there is one place after another. We used Coral Shores which was well located, friendly couple running the place. Check the website travelnow.com

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Sherri

We stayed at the Medina Classic Apartments in Sydney in December 2001. Our suite had a separate bedroom with a king size bed; a living room with a sofa bed; a fully-equipped kitchen (stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishes, dishwasher, cutlery, etc); a bathroom with shower/tub, sink, and toilet; a laundry alcove with washer, dryer, ironing board and iron; and a balcony off the living room and bedroom.<BR><BR>The location was excellent and about a ten minute walk to the Circular Quay. Shops and restaurants are plentiful.<BR><BR>The cost was $87.98 per night in US dollars.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Priscilla

We stayed at the Medina Sydney Central Executive Apts. this spring. We could see the central train station from our window. It was very easy to get around from there! It was less money than the Medina near Circular Quay. Check out the internet. That's how we found it. Two years ago, we stayed at the Woolloomooloo Waters. It is not nearly so convenient, but the apts. are HUGE and very nice. I think they are also a bit less expensive. We walked to the train from there, but it was up steep steps and several blocks away. The bus was about 1 or 1 1/2 blocks away. We had also found that on the internet. I have found that www.webwombat.com.au is a good place to go to find all sorts of things Australian.<BR> Priscilla

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Jackie

We spent Easter week at Harbourside Apartments located at 2a Henry Lawson Ave,McMahons Point 2060.This apt. house is directly above the ferry landing and our unit ovelooked the Harbor Bridge and the Opera house.I liked the north shore,and the ferry to circular quay was fun..one could always take the train if you miss the last ferry.The neighborhood of Blues Point Rd is neat..lots of shops,restaurants..it felt like a small village in a big city.Email me with questions.Have fun...I envy you...Jackie

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Mary

Thanks to all of you who responded. I have really gained some great information. Do any of you know anything about O'Brien's Apartments off of Palmer Street? Also, we are considering Sullivan's Hotel in Paddington.

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt