Reload this Page >

Secluded honeymoon on the beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 1999, 07:38 PM
Michelle

Hi I am getting married next year and am trying to plan our honeymoon. But where to go? <BR>I have this fantasy of being in a secluded thatched hut/bure/bungalo on the beach. Where we can have utmost privacy and just enjoy being with each other. To be able to be carefree frolicking in the sand and sea. <BR>Does this magical place exist, and if so where? <BR>Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Old Sep 19th, 1999, 08:24 PM
Sheri

<BR>Hello from NYC. I am also planning to visit Australia for our honeymoon and want a more romantic place to stay. If you can give me any ideas since you are writing from australia, forward them to me. There are many tours and Hilton hotels that we could choose from, but a romantic bungaloo on the beach would be ideal. I also would love to frolic with my soon to be husbanc on the beach with no one else around. <BR>I have started researching places to stay, but have not booked our flight yet. We are planning to visit in June 2000. <BR>Write back with more info. <BR>Sheri

Old Sep 25th, 1999, 06:52 PM
sharon

Michelle <BR>I would suggest June - TAHITI - Moorea- <BR>that island has secluded accomm as you discribe and also Hawaii - Kona Village <BR>is really for Honeymooners I think ( I went on my own and felt out of place but a superb place - I would say come toNew Zealand - but that time of year is our winter - so plan Nz in the future <BR>years. <BR>Have a wonderful time planning and great happiness to you both. If you want to email me direct [email protected]

Old Nov 4th, 1999, 08:47 PM
Carol

Michelle: 3 couples went to Fiji in July of 98....the island you are looking for may be Qamea Beach Club....14 bures only....very secluded and food and service were excellent. There were honeymoon couples and you really can be alone! Or there is Vatulele in Fiji...heard it was wonderful. Enjoy.

Old Nov 5th, 1999, 11:17 AM
Louis

I suggest that you go to the Fiji Island Tourist Bureau at http://www.bulafiji.com. You will be able to find a lot of places that fit your requirements. I would suggest that you give serious consideration to Matangi Island Resort which has two tree houses for honeymooners. However, we liked the deluxe bures better at less money. Their 1 week packages including airfare from LA are some the best values and I think less expensive than Qamea Beach Resort. Our favorite so far is Matangi and we like this side of Fiji better than the area in the Tasawa Island chain where Turtle beach is located, since with more rainfall the growth is more verdunt. In general the entire Fiji area is tranquil and lovely.