Search

resort recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Peter

resort recommendation

We have about a week to explore the Barrier Reef (snorkeling) and the rain forest. Can people recommend great resorts around Port Douglas and the islands?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Jackie

just returned from 7 weeks in Oz & New Zealand.I can recommend Lizard Island at the end of the barrier reef for wonderful snorkeling and excellent accomodations.Also Silky Oaks Lodge(same group of hotels) at Daintree rainforest.If you go to the latter don't miss David Armbrust the naturalst guide.Email me with questions.<BR>jackie

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Carolynne

Hi there, I live in Port Douglas. <BR>Hibiscus gardens is lovely and right in Port Douglas. Silky oaks is nice, but 25 mins from Port Douglas.<BR>www.wavelength-ree.com.au for snorkelling... they are the best.<BR>Visit Low Isles while you are here, it is a lovely island.<BR>Green Island and Fitzroy island are nice, but expensive.<BR>Port Douglas is a good base from which to see everything.<BR>Other nice resorts in Port Douglas are Port Sea, Regal on Macrossan and Club Tropical.<BR>email me if u need any more infor

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Steve

One to avoid is Brampton Island. It's on the southern end of the Whitsundays and is owned by the same company (P&O Resorts) that owns Lizard Island. Wish we'd gone there!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:50 AM
Mary

Highly recommend three night cruise on the Coral Princess for reef experience. It travels from Townsville to Cairns then does the reverse trip.