Reload this Page >

Questions about Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Linda

We are going there on our Honeymoon in April and I was wondering if anyone has any reccomendations of places to go at night? We are not into clubs but would like to maybe go to a fun bar once in awhile! <BR> <BR>Also any reccomendations about our hotels? We are staying in Parkroyals on Tahiti and Moorea and Hotel Bora Bora...any especially nice bungalows we should request or special things at the hotel to do? <BR> <BR>Also what is the age of most visitors who go to Tahiti? We are both 25...should we expect to be the youngest? Should we always carry our ID's? Do they card?

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 04:47 PM
mms

Nightlife in Moorea and especially Bora Bora is pretty much non-existent. There are plenty of nice places to eat dinner, but not much (if any) of a "bar/Dance" scene. Its ok though. Because of the time difference and because there is so much to do during the day - you will probably find yourself going to bed pretty early and getting up really early to enjoy the sunrise and start the day. <BR> <BR>I understand that there is some nightlife on the island of Tahiti - but most people don't spend much more than a couple of nights there (so much to see and do on the other islands) so you are the only one who will know if that will be enough for you. Have fun!

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:08 PM
greg

Regarding the age, we saw about 4 different age groups there. <BR> <BR>Many honeymooners like you guys, young family with small children. Older families with college and beyond, and finally empty nesters. <BR> <BR>I do not recall seeing too many retired age people like other tropical resorts frequented by Americans. <BR> <BR>Regarding bungalows, we have stayed at Moorea Parkroyals and Hotel Bora Bora. The overwater bungalows at Parkroyal are partly on shore, not completely on the water. The ones at Hotel Bora Bora are completely over the water, especially the premium ones, and oh la la prices to go with them. Although I can't find where I read, I thought I read somewhere that you can have breakfast delivered to your overwater bungalow on a boat, perhaps I was dreaming... <BR> <BR>And finally, if you want to see Polynesian dances, I think all these hotels have buffet/dance nights. But since they do not do them every night, it would be a great pity if you stay only on nights without the shows. We stayed 4 night at Hotel Bora Bora, but did not get to see the dance. We hit one dance show night during our 3 night stay at Moorea Parkroyal.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 10:42 AM
John

When we were on Bora Bora, we noticed that there were only a couple of groups that did the polynesian shows at the hotel buffets and they just rotated around the different hotels on different nights of the week. THought that was interesting. <BR>We had an OW bungalow at Parkroyal on Moorea and it was only partially over the water. While you couldn't feed the fish through your coffee table, it made for great snorkeling. There is a nice reef right off the area where the dolphinquest is. If you look at their brochure picture, get a bungalow facint out to sea (to the lagoon), on the bungalow islet that has the most bungalows. It is near the dolphins (which is cool), and near the big coral reef. Anything facing towards the beach or on the beach generally doesn't have good snorkeling right off the bungalow. <BR>There are some bars outside the Club Med, not too far from the Parkroyal Moorea. THat's probably your best bet. On Bora Bora, I heard people going to Bloody Mary's to drink, that's probably the only big nightlife, although in the main town they have a dance club open two nights a week. We were told the locals go there and you can usually watch a good bar fight by the end of the evening. <BR>We had breakfast arrive in a canoe at the Parkroyal Bora Bora. It was a nice concept, but by the time they deliver your breakfast, the eggs are cold. My wife liked it though. <BR>A warning: the coffee makers they talk about in the rooms are just water heaters with packets of instant coffee. Next time I'm bringing my coffee press and fresh coffee.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 04:34 AM
Amy

Their is definitely not much night life on Moorea so expect to do nothing but relax. I fed the fish every night and that was my favorite spot in the world! If you are looking for activity Club Med does that, but if you prefer nothing go to the others. Have fun!